Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #1

Moryde pin box adjustment

I've heard the pin boxes are adjustable but I don't see how its possible, looking at mine.. I have a 2018 cardinal 5th wheel pulled by a stock 2016 f350. I did add wireless airbag suspension but that does not make the truck sit higher unless adjusted to do so.I have a pullrite sliding hitch. It has almost 10 inches of bed rail clearance which makes the 5th wheel tow very nose high. I am looking at adding a 2 inch lift kit to the trailer to help level it some, but reading certain threads tells me I can adjust the pin box by moving bolts to different holes. Mine doesn't have extra holes. Any other solutions?
Nomadwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #2

The normal solution is raise the pinbox and/or lower the hitch head, and I've never seen a pinbox without adjustment holes. I recall my previous PR hitch did not allow for adjustment, so I can only visualize your pinbox is going to have to have 4-5" to get you close to level. How about some photos?
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:12 AM   #3

Thanks for your input. I'll get some pics and try and upload them. I wanted a hitch that was completely removable from the bed so I installed an aftermarket puck system which uses about a 3 inch tubing across the bed. That alone raises it a couple inches, but the convenience is worth it. I'll take a closer look
Nomadwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote