Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2022, 09:44 AM   #41

Keep in mind a car trailer won’t follow the Motorhome like flat towing. You’ll have to focus on the trailer axle.

My Sunseeker had 7500 lb towing capacity, you should check your hitch specs. Some of them had a 5000 lb rating.

Also at every campground you’ll be asking for a special place to park your car trailer. Backing that into tight spaces will be a pain.

Don’t do a tow dolly. More of a pain.

My opinion of course.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #42
beginer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
Keep in mind a car trailer won’t follow the Motorhome like flat towing. You’ll have to focus on the trailer axle.

My Sunseeker had 7500 lb towing capacity, you should check your hitch specs. Some of them had a 5000 lb rating.
Thanks for the advice. My hitch had a 5000 lb rating.

Quote:
Also at every campground you’ll be asking for a special place to park your car trailer. Backing that into tight spaces will be a pain.
I realized that. But I don't need big one. Just looking for smart car or just motor scooter to ride my wife to the beach.
Quote:
Don’t do a tow dolly. More of a pain.

My opinion of course.
My to. I said before I towed by dolly Toyota Camry from CA to Texas and destroyed front wheels of that car.
rushhohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #43

This particular model was not ment for towing because it was extented to 26 feet and does not have a hitch or electric plug installed and no cut out in tne bumper. If you wanted a Transit RV to tow with you should have bought a Geminie or a Compass, 3 feet shorter and original length chassis and comes with towing setup.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #44
beginer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
This particular model was not ment for towing because it was extented to 26 feet and does not have a hitch or electric plug installed and no cut out in tne bumper. If you wanted a Transit RV to tow with you should have bought a Geminie or a Compass, 3 feet shorter and original length chassis and comes with towing setup.
That is good advice. Thank you
Old 04-29-2022, 11:34 AM   #45

I hope you get your daughter here quickly and I'm glad they're safe from the war in Ukraine.
Since you got your insurance settlement, at least you're not out any money, but you still have the trauma of being burned. Hopefully that will pass quickly.
Did they repair the damage to your rig? The pictures make it look like some of the back was warped.

You've helped many of us understand that not every motorhome has the ability to tow a vehicle behind it. With your potential bigger family, perhaps in the future you'll buy a larger motorhome to fit them all and tow a car with ease. From your experience, many have learned to make certain to know the towing capability of the motorhome you want to buy and that it comes with a preinstalled hitch and wiring harness.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:56 PM   #46
beginer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Did they repair the damage to your rig? The pictures make it look like some of the back was warped.
Still looking for repair. Don't want to go to camping world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
With your potential bigger family, perhaps in the future you'll buy a larger motorhome to fit them all and tow a car with ease.
Don't need bigger RV. I found exactly right size for me and my wife. I looked for campervan to be able to park at my backyard. My house is on the corner of streets and I made driveway on the back. This Sunseeke feets exactly on the back of my house. Also in this RV have big twin bad and large bathroom with separate shower. Don't need to sit on the toilet seat to shower your self.

Tags
towing, tow