Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2020, 08:38 AM   #61

I agree even though and “ possibly on this thread” I have stated that not all salesman are liars. I followed that statement with people need to do the research before they buy. You are doing this not only are you seeking advice it appears you are taking this advice and making adjustments in what your expectations are.

Now I also encourage people if they already own both trailer and truck and within specs. Then they should try the set up a few times before making a decision. White Knuckle experiences are subjective. Great example I will be going up Pikes Peak in about 10 days. My wife will be terrified while me and my daughter will be awe struck. Same on our rafting trip. It’s a subjective statement.

Finally if someone doesn’t own both then I suggest especially if they are new to towing that they go with the bigger truck or smaller trailer if the numbers are close. Not because, the smaller truck can’t or won’t pull and stop., but experience has taught me that once doubt starts to creep in it will be hard to enjoy driving.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:48 PM   #62
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyd99 View Post
Wildwood xlite
Looks better. I tow a similar weight TT, though 2 ft shorter. It also has a huge CCC number which I'll never get close to.
The dry tongue weight looks good also.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Looks better. I tow a similar weight TT, though 2 ft shorter. It also has a huge CCC number which I'll never get close to.
The dry tongue weight looks good also.
Always wondered how Much weight people actually put in their TT. I can’t imagine I would ever be over 1000lbs in cargo. Have you ever weighed what you carry?
Paulyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #64
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyd99 View Post
Always wondered how Much weight people actually put in their TT. I can’t imagine I would ever be over 1000lbs in cargo. Have you ever weighed what you carry?
Just the loaded tongue, which was around 750lbs.
The nearest CAT scale was 45 miles away but a new one opened up nearby, a months ago. Plan on going and weighing it in July, for our first trip of the summer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing