Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #41

Variety is the spice of life.
Attached Images

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:44 AM   #42

Tool? Yeah I've used mine a couple of times but the rest of the time I just spin the electric tongue jack up and plop the bars on the brackets.

The design of some WDHs, including my Equalizer(tm), varies the weight applies to the bars on opposite sides to aid in stabilizing the trailer. At the "jackknife" point there is barely any pressure on one bar -- I forget which side gets loose depending on the turn. Once when the electric jack stopped working mid-connection I was able to put my bars on the brackets merely by jackknifing the trailer connecting that bar, then the opposite direction. Jackknife is probably a severe term, I did this by pulling forward and making a tight turn. Gotta be on the ball though. Rebuilding the jack every 10 years is dirty and greasy but otherwise simple.

-- Chuck

Tags
lift