Old 06-17-2019, 12:18 AM   #21

I appreciate all the insight from everyone.

Since it's fathers day, and I didn't have to do any chores I spent the day researching lighter TT's since a new TV isn't in the budget right now. I found the Geo Pro line and the 16BH looks to be the right one for us. I should have about 50lbs to play with on the tongue weight if my car is loaded with all 4 of us, full tank of gas, plus the trailer.

The only thing that's bothering me now is the size of the convertible bed. I saw a video and the lady said it was small, but in other models it's 2 separate twins or a king. I'm looking forward to the dealer near me to get one in stock so I can see it first hand.

In all honesty, I'm feeling better about a smaller and lighter TT even though I'll miss having something that's more of a "home away from home" with the larger 2508. I guess this will be good to get our feet wet in the world of being a Travel Trailer owner... and we've already seen what the future might hold when the kids are off in college. (Slideouts, kitchen islands, theater seating.....)
thoffland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #22

Tow Vehicle Upgrade

We upgraded to what was needed for us in a travel trailer and bought the Mini Lite 2306 and then found a 2015 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 3/Yr. Lease just turned in at our Toyota Dealership. Our 2015 4Runner can tow the travel trailer but we decided to not do that. Upgrade your tow vehicle, there are good/great used vehicles out there if you just look for them.
Eran X. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:19 PM   #23

Look at Surveyor? I have 200MBLE-4600 LBS. Gives you some room on weight?
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:13 AM   #24

Thanks!

I'm still shopping around but keep coming back to the Geo Pros. Either the 16BH or the 19BH... Probably the 19 just for the real bed versus convertible dinette even though it's a full vs a queen. The weight on those is great for me (GVWR, Hitch etc) but my payload is 1200, so that's where I need to be thoughtful.

Happy camping!
thoffland is offline   Reply With Quote