Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2021, 02:07 PM   #1
Retired Army MSG!

New Tow Vehicle

So not looking for should have bought this or that because I bought this truck for reasons other than towing my 5vr. I still have my 1999 F250 with the 7.3 Power Stroke to do most of my 5vr towing, but this past week I purchased a 2021 F350 with the 6.2 gasser, 10 Speed Tranny with 3.73 gear. Would like to hear from anyone using this truck in either the F250 or 350 range to tow their RV. I am curious to hear what you think if the performance. The main reason I bought this vehicle is so my DW can follow me with the Golf Cart in the bed and tow our boat when we would like to have it with us on some of our camping trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Truck.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	540.3 KB
ID:	266222  
lazyjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:45 AM   #2

If you follow hotshot truckers who haul heavy loads with mainly the diesel version of this truck say to keep a close eye on the 10 sp transmission once it gets to around 75K. Just something to keep an eye on. Golf cart boat might say you are a two tow family. lol
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:33 AM   #3
Camping the Natural State

All the Ram guys have things to say about the Ford 10 speed. What about that crap 8 speed ? The POS Cherokee 9 speed ?
Yep, all engines and trannies each have issues. Percentage of the millions of 10 speeds sold per year ? I bet it is below 1%.
I'm glad to have my bulletproof 6R80.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:37 AM   #4
Defender of America

Only thing missing is a Harley!

On the original post - I know very little about trucks except what my mechanic tells me.
Centerline TS WDH
2004 Heritage Softtail Harley Davidson
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARhappycamper View Post
All the Ram guys have things to say about the Ford 10 speed. What about that crap 8 speed ? The POS Cherokee 9 speed ?
Yep, all engines and trannies each have issues. Percentage of the millions of 10 speeds sold per year ? I bet it is below 1%.
I'm glad to have my bulletproof 6R80.
Wow one comment from someone with a ram and it becomes all you ram guys, and hauling heavy load which is well documented and something most on the forum will never do seem to have caused high blood pressure and tight ... Is this an indicator the camping season is coming to a quick close LOL
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:11 AM   #6
Retired Army MSG!

Thanks for comments. I would still like to hear from someone out there who is towing there 5vr or TT with this engine and tranny. As for the poster above who mentioned add a Harley, well we had one up until about 4 years ago. I honestly traded it in on a new EZGO. I had thankfully never had a bike accident in all my years of riding but it got to stressful with the increasing traffic and especially the texters on the road. I do plan to set this truck up with 5th wheel hitch as a back up to my Diesel. The old girl has 217,000 on her but just pulled beautifully to Florida and back a few weeks ago. A little over 1000 miles.
lazyjj is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, tow vehicle