Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2019, 11:31 AM   #1

new truck

Well a bit excited . just bought a new Truck . been looking for a few months and finally found the one i wanted at a OTD price that's the best I have found in 4 months of looking . still 40,000 is a bit hard to sallow , but haven't bought a Truck in 17yrs and the old girl is getting long in tooth even though shes runs like a top with 205000 miles 2003 chevy 2500 hd regular cab 6.0 .
The new girl friend is a 2019 chevy 2500 hd double cab long bed . no pictures yet because i have to FLY to Atlanta to pick her up the drive her back down to where i am staying in Fort Myers for the winter . seems hard to find the double cab in a longbed 4x4 . a few RWD units much cheaper but need 4x4 . and the only other units i could find are the double cab standard bed 6.6 which just does not really work for me at 38500. but would rather have what i want then regret anything on a 40,000 purchase . can't wait to get in her
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #2

Congrats. We’ve bought a couple vehicles/toys where we had to fly to get them and drive them back. I love doing that maiden drive home.
1953 GMC 9314
1982 GoldWing Interstate
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lins View Post
Congrats. We’ve bought a couple vehicles/toys where we had to fly to get them and drive them back. I love doing that maiden drive home.
Thanks . Looking forward to the trip wish i didn't have to wait a week but best flights out one way was next Saturday $138.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:11 PM   #4

I just got a new 350. It was 250mi away. I found a dealer near me willing to trade them and picked it up closer. I got a bit lucky with the dealer as they were willing to look for what I wanted and I told them where to find it. Then I had to negotiate down to the no haggle price of the farther away dealer....they made me work for it but were fair.

Congrats on your new truck!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I just got a new 350. It was 250mi away. I found a dealer near me willing to trade them and picked it up closer. I got a bit lucky with the dealer as they were willing to look for what I wanted and I told them where to find it. Then I had to negotiate down to the no haggle price of the farther away dealer....they made me work for it but were fair.

Congrats on your new truck!
Shopping for autos has changed a lot since the last time I've brought . Now they have kiosks for cars , Dealers list trucks for sale that they don't have only to say on order or they could get it at a premium.

seems you have to chase down the deals and locations and be willing to travel for the right one at the right price which is freaking crazy.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:53 PM   #6

DW and just did the same stepped up from our old 03 Ram 2500 gasser to a ‘19 3500 diesel. We live in central Illinois bought it in southern Indiana just across the river from Louisville KY. Looked all over the country including our local dealer this was the best deal by far. Congrats on the new truck, it is nice to have a good long drive home getting to know your new vehicle.
Bear fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear fans View Post
DW and just did the same stepped up from our old 03 Ram 2500 gasser to a ‘19 3500 diesel. We live in central Illinois bought it in southern Indiana just across the river from Louisville KY. Looked all over the country including our local dealer this was the best deal by far. Congrats on the new truck, it is nice to have a good long drive home getting to know your new vehicle.
Thanks . Over 600 mile drive home so should be broke in soon. just have to remember to very the rpms during this first 500 miles . i do want her broke in not broke down . drove the new 6.6 gasser but wasn't so impressed . the truck weighs more and seems to be programed different for the 6 speed it comes with and the 6.0 has a very long history and good longevity
Old 12-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
Scoundrel

Congratulations on the new truck. Enjoy the ride back.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck