Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #1

New Truck, New Hitch

My F 350 truck came in and I had ordered it with the 5th wheel/goose neck package. My previous trucks had the ISR system and I wanted to go fully integrated.

So I began looking at hitches and my focus was on some kind of a goose neck setup to pull my 5th wheel. After looking at various approaches I settled on the Pullrite 2600 series. I found it at Tweetys not far from me for $628. https://tweetys.com/pullrite-2600-su...eel-hitch.aspx

This of course begs the question as to why I picked this mfg and model vs the other offerings.

In a short the structural integrity. This is one extremely well built hitch. It uses the Roman Arch and then these are cross braced in 2 organic areas and it uses a bed rail system to save your bed and at the same time gives an added cross brace point. It is well built, the welds are excellent and it is perhaps under rated at 20,000 lbs.

I spent about 1 hr maybe a bit more installing it and left to do is the vertical adjustment of the cup for the pin box ball. I will accomplish that on Wed when I hook up for our trip leaving on Thurs am. I will adjust to insure a level 5ver.

In this pic you see the vertical ball tensioning screw and the lateral ball brace box tensioning screw. How it works is there is a box that fits over the goose neck ball. At the bottom of the box are 2 x Ĺ in pins that go between the bottom of the ball and the bed of the truck. The vertical screw pulls the box up while pushing the hitch assembly down. The horizontal screw tightens the box against the interior back side thus keeps the box from rocking. This is a simple yet bulletproof setup

This pic shows the 2 pins at the bottom of the box that contains the goose neck ball. The 2 horizontal bolts are for the vertical positioning of the cup and to put pressure vertical tube so it does not rock in its position.

This shows the finished in bed install. Note the bed saver rails that are part of the package you buy.

Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch, truck