Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2021, 03:04 PM   #61

This will be my last post on this story as of December 31: I finally got an accident report from the Georgia State Patrol (GSP). Another crazy development in that the GSP trooper who came to the scene was from Americus, GA. post 30, about 40 miles away from the accident, and which does not work accidents in Lee Co. Ga. where the accident occurred. The GSP post 40 located in Albany, Ga. should have been assigned to the accident. Post 30 had nothing in their computer as to a trooper being sent to the accident site. Post 40 also did not have any info of this accident. A nice lady at post 40 gave me a phone number to call to the GSP headquarters in Atlanta and they did find an accident report and e mailed me a copy. That accident report is so wrong it's pathetic. The report states that I had stopped in the inside lane of traffic which caused the front of the delivery truck to hit me in the rear. That is far from the truth. NO charges had been filed as of December 31. I got a text from my insurance company on Friday January 01 @ 7:11 A.M. that told me the insurance company had "Issued a check in the amount of $10,000 which would cover the loss of my truck, medical bills, and distress". I also got a phone call about 9 A.M. from the owner of the body shop where my truck is at stating that he got a phone call from someone who stated that they were at the body shop, which was closed Friday, to get my truck. I agreed to meet the body shop owner at the shop to find out what was going on. I arrived at the shop with the title to my truck in hand to prove it was mine. The tow truck driver, out of Atlanta, had papers to give to the body shop owner to get my truck. The shop owner told him to talk with me as I was the legal owner of the truck. The tow truck driver told us that he was not going to leave the property without the truck. I excused myself to make a phone call and called the local police department. When the officer arrived I showed him the title to my truck to prove that I owned the truck. The shop owner also told the owner that the truck was mine. I asked the police to charge the tow truck owner with attempted grand theft auto and he agreed that he could do that. I also asked the officer to have the tow truck driver just leave the premises and I could would have an attorney look into this. At that time the shop owner asked the officer if he could have the tow truck driver leave his property or be charged with trespassing. The officer told the tow truck driver that he is now facing charges of attempted grand theft auto and malicious trespassing. The officer told the tow truck driver that the choice was his--leave the premises without the truck or face the charges. He argued with the office as he got into his truck and left. As far as the check from the insurance company I have not seen it. I'm calling an attorney first thing Monday A.M. to ask what I need to do IF the check arrives. I don't want to even touch it without legal advice. I'm done trying to be nice and work with the insurance company.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #62

I'm confused about the tow truck driver situation. The tow truck driver that you called to tow you later came back to the repair shop and tried to take the truck? Is it because he wasn't paid or something?
cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:46 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
I'm confused about the tow truck driver situation. The tow truck driver that you called to tow you later came back to the repair shop and tried to take the truck? Is it because he wasn't paid or something?
I'm guessing the tow truck driver was sent by the insurance company to claim the vehicle because it was deemed "totaled" and (per his insurance company) therefore property of said insurance company.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #64
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJane View Post
I'm guessing the tow truck driver was sent by the insurance company to claim the vehicle because it was deemed "totaled" and (per his insurance company) therefore property of said insurance company.
Yup, and most likely the Insurance Company will show-up shortly with a Writ of Execution to take possession of said vehicle. As far as the GSP issue goes, I've never heard of a situation where a "State" Trooper only has jurisdiction in one area of a state?, and first amount was $16K, now it's $10K? Too many facts don't add up on this situation.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:05 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Yup, and most likely the Insurance Company will show-up shortly with a Writ of Execution to take possession of said vehicle. As far as the GSP issue goes, I've never heard of a situation where a "State" Trooper only has jurisdiction in one area of a state?, and first amount was $16K, now it's $10K? Too many facts don't add up on this situation.
I especially liked his closing sentence.....
The Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping