Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2020, 02:33 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat456 View Post
Yes it is confusing. But I think it shows why people have a different idea as to what the rating actually are and what they mean. I have so far found one ford manual that claims ccc ratings include the driver and yet another that claims it doesn't. If the manufacturer would put shipped actual weight on the sticker with the GVWR that would be the most helpful with purchase decisions.
It almost like the marketing department wants that kept a secret.
Yes they want you to purchase by fancy looks and catchy names. They don’t want to discourage you in any way.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #122

Back in the olden days the trucks had a stamped tag, usually on the door pillar or left side kick pane with the GVW rating. When hauling hay we were either loading from a stack where the bales had a chance to air out a bit or straight from the field where they could weigh up to as much as 20# more. He used a spring scale weighing several bales for an average. I can't remember the exact GVW of the truck but we could get across the DOT scales OK with a 14,000 payload. We were getting paid by the ton so tried to get as close to max as possible.

So this is why I take the rated GVW of my truck and my scaled weight at the Cotton gin scale to compute what my actual payload rating is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hay truck.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	225189  
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:52 PM   #123

Just ran my truck across the CAT scales again (it's very close).

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD double cab, work truck, 4x4, 6.0 gas, tank full of gas.

2,910 lbs - What the brochure says my CCC is
2,735 lbs - What the yellow sticker on the truck say my CCC is
2,840 lbs - What the CAT scales say it is in the factory configuration (without me in it)
2,240 lbs - What the CAT scales say it is with all my add ons, me in it and some gear. I added the WDH head, wheel to wheel nerf bars, toneau cover, bed mat, fender flares, rear cargo storage bin and some tools.

I can live with that. Not really anything else I want to add except I may replace the bed mat with LineX.
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:02 PM   #124

I just upgraded from my 2019 Chevy 1500 CC Z71 to a 2020 Chevy 2500 CC HD LTZ Z71 DM, (dang it's alphabet soup), the "old" truck had a payload of 1800 mol, I was a little concerned with towing our new RW2606WS. I'm much more confident now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200319_8418.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	225398  
Andy n Sherrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:09 PM   #125

Additionally, whole shopping for the new truck, I noticed huge swings in payload capacity even among "nearly" identical trucks. Test drove one that I liked a lot, but with a PL of only 1912 I want going there.
Andy n Sherrie is offline   Reply With Quote