Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #1

Prodigy p2 surging

Question for all. Towed to the campground this weekend no problem. When leaving, brakes were "surging" even at light application. I have the control set at 8 and on boost 2 and when using brakes would jump to 6+ even with light application. Changed to boost 1 while rolling and would barely get over 1. Got to a stopping point and disconnected trailer and reconnected. Unplugged and reconnected controller and now 0.0 is on screen and still surges.

Any ideas? Bought controller over year ago from eBay and have had no issues even with a different trailer.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #2

sounds like your controller but out of curiostity did you undplug power to the controller before you left on the trip or dead batt? they or mine atleast defaults to hydrolic over electric on system restart so then i have to go change it to all electric or it does something similar to what you are talking about.

'21 dune sport fire storm custom toyhauler
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #3

No...no power loss. Didn't realize that there were different settings for hydro and electric. But then again, who reads manuals!

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #4

ya I have one and had no problems with my last toy hauler and before I hooked up and towed my current I had the batt disconnected to install some gauges. took off with the toy hauler and every time I went to stop it would hit the brakes almost felt like it was going to lock them up then it would release then hit them again then stop all together and the slower I was going the worse this issue got. when I got to the site I unplugged it and let it sit for a couple day then re-connected it and went through the set up again and that's when I noticed it was set by default in hydro/electric rather than electric only so I changed it and all went away and worked good again. It actually works better on boost 1 for my 2011 295 wolf pack toy hauler loaded which is just over 10k lbs than it did on my last '06 30 wp bumper hitch toy hauler which had to be in boost 2 mode, the 30 wp weighed less but had 4 wheel brakes that worked good as well so who knows. disconnect it and go through the set up again and check the hydro/electric setting. hope that works for ya too.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
No...no power loss. Didn't realize that there were different settings for hydro and electric. But then again, who reads manuals!

that's funny cause I know what your saying but I actually did on this one cause it has more features than people think and very useful ones.