Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2022, 09:37 AM   #1

Pullrite Superglide 2700

Just acquired a Pullrite Superglide 2700 automatic roll back hitch. I am replacing my older Valley Industries manual roll back. Installation is pretty straightforward. Has the capture plate that fits on my Lippert Pin box. The former owner had a different pin box so capture plate had never been used. Just wanting to hear from all you experienced users out there regarding things to look out for, and specific maintenance items I may need to perform. I don't really have clearance problem with my Crusader 315RST, but it does get closer than I like when cutting hard. What do you guys think? My TV is a 2003 Chevy Duramax short bed with rail system. No puck system.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #2

No comments? My first tow observation is the hitch helps with the turning radius. The hitch motion forward and back seems fairly seamless. Noticed some clunking on takeoff and braking, but will try adjusting to minimize that.

Former Montana owner
Old 09-25-2022, 10:28 PM   #3

I used a Superglide 2700 to tow a Sierra 5th wheel for 8 years. Never had any trouble. I kept the hitch covered with the truck bed cover when not in use. Keep the slide rails clean and well lubricated if exposed to the weather they will rust.
Grandude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandude View Post
I used a Superglide 2700 to tow a Sierra 5th wheel for 8 years. Never had any trouble. I kept the hitch covered with the truck bed cover when not in use. Keep the slide rails clean and well lubricated if exposed to the weather they will rust.
I have the OEM cover for the hitch and plan to use it when not hitched up. Did you ever have to do any adjustments to the hitch in those years?

Former Montana owner
Old 09-27-2022, 08:41 PM   #5

No, the hitch always worked. You may find at times it is difficult to open the latch to release the trailer like it is bound up. When this happens put the truck in neutral or chock the trailer and put the truck in reverse and just barely bump the trailer. This will get the load off the hitch jaws and it will unlatch easily. Once I did get some mild rust on the rails that I removed with fine sandpaper.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:13 AM   #6

The truck and trailer need to be in line with each other to disconnect. On one occasion I had the trailer and truck at too great an angle and the hitch partially opened. To get out of this I pulled the pins holding the hitch head and raised the trailer. This pulled the hitch head up and out of the hitch body. I raised it high enough to clear the truck bed and pulled the truck out. I then released the head and connected it back on the hitch body.

Tags
pullrite, superglide