Old 01-02-2020, 09:42 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,
One of the members of our HOV RV Club bought a nice Lance bumper pull. Tongue weight was around 1,000 lbs. He bought a eco diesel cause a sddealer said its a Ram and Dessel and will tow that trailer. Added the mother of all hitches, Hensley.

The CCC on his Ram Eco Diesel was 1400 lbs. Added a hard Tonneau, a rack, couple plastic Kayaks and went to Florida. Was overweight before he loaded himself and wife into the truck.

He sold it the next year and bought a Class B MoHo. Was scared to tow due to a poor setup.

Not the best option, look at a F 150 and get the Eco-Boost and payload around 1900 lbs or go with a F 250.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
Hi all. I am thinking of getting a smaller truck. I currently have a Ram 3500 dually but would like a smaller truck. Our travel trailer is around 8500 lbs. I am just wondering if anyone has the 1500 eco-diesel and what their opinions are. According to what I've seen the truck is capable up to 9200 lbs with the proper gearing and tire size so I'm just wondering if anyone uses one of these for towing. To avoid a lot of unnecessary discussion please keep comments limited to the Ram 1500.
Thanks and Happy New Year.
Have a 2016 ECO pulling a 2440WS 5th wheel. Great setup.....for me. Maybe not others, meaning those people who feel the need to attack a hill or long pull doing the posted speed limit++. I've always been a bit conservative while towing. 55-62 on flat ground, watch the rpm's, oil, and water temp on hills, have had to drop down to 40-45 or so at times, most of the time hills have been at 50-55. Others will have an opinion on this but we have over 50k miles on the truck with over 11k towing our 5th wheel. 31+ MPG freeway and 11-14 towing. All in all happy with the setup.
Tommohr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel