I bought a 2015 8289ws last spring. The previous owner didnít use the revolution feature. I used it for a couple of short hauls but ordered the maintenance kit for this season.
I have tried everything that I know to get it to separate. Anyone know what I maybe doing wrong. I didnít take off camper thinking that the weight would help drop it off pin. Even with the nut off it takes a grown man to move from side to side. Tried driving wood wedge and sprayed with kroil
Any additional help would be appreciated
First time I did mine I had used it for two years, bought RV new 20/'13. Had a heck of a time getting it apart the first time. screwed a 4" long bolt in place of one of the wedge bolts. Unscrewed the large nut from the shaft leaving 1/2 the nut threaded on so not to let it un expectedly drop. Used a 4' long crow bar to swing it side to side, it eventually worked it's way down the shaft. Removed the castle nut, backed the truck tailgate under it swinging it side to side till it dropped on the 4"x4" timber I had across the tailgate. The thing was nasty with rust, grime, welding slag and whatever. I have done it every year since without any issues. I clean it grease it and put it back together.
A few before and after pictures.
Thanks for info but the slots on mine are welded flat for some reason. Came from factory that way.
Tomorrow weather permitting I’ll put the heat gun on stud may loosen hardened grease but not hot enough to melt bushing.