Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 05:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
I've got a 2014 F350 SRW, shortbed (6.9ft) and have a Pullrite Superglide 18k hitch on removable Pullrite Superrails. No issues with the capture plate on hooking or unhooking. Only thing I don't like about this setup, is that the hitch/rail setup sits very high in the bed of the truck. So high in fact that the only way to close my Backflip tonneau cover is to remove the hitch head piece. Not a big deal, but wish I could just flip closed the top.
Gsykora's post above made me think of another issue to be aware of with the Pullrite super slider. When the hitch was in the truck and not connected to the trailer it would sometimes swing back and forth while driving. This was noisy and I figured it may not be good for the hitch. simple solution was to use a strap around the side of the hitch closest to the cab and run to the hooks near the tailgate. Used this all the time.

I had a tri fold tonneau cover on the truck and had no trouble closing it to keep rain out of bed when hitch was in.

2008 Georgetown 373DS
jmck1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmck1737 View Post
Gsykora's post above made me think of another issue to be aware of with the Pullrite super slider. When the hitch was in the truck and not connected to the trailer it would sometimes swing back and forth while driving. This was noisy and I figured it may not be good for the hitch. simple solution was to use a strap around the side of the hitch closest to the cab and run to the hooks near the tailgate. Used this all the time.

I had a tri fold tonneau cover on the truck and had no trouble closing it to keep rain out of bed when hitch was in.

You are correct about the hitch moving around. I just use a bungie strap around the hitch to the rails. Keeps it from moving.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 05:57 PM   #23

jmck1737 - forgot to ask, what kind or rails did/do you have on your Superglide hitch?

Old 05-31-2018, 08:04 PM   #24

Quote:
jmck1737 - forgot to ask, what kind or rails did/do you have on your Superglide hitch?
standard rails in the bed. My truck did not come with the factory puck system.

2008 Georgetown 373DS
Old 05-31-2018, 08:21 PM   #25

Quote:
standard rails in the bed. My truck did not come with the factory puck system.
In hindsight, I probably should have just got standard rails instead of the removable "Superrails". I thought I'd take the hitch out when not towing, but the dang thing weighs so much I'd probably wrench my back trying. So instead, I just leave it in.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:11 AM   #26

Quote:
In hindsight, I probably should have just got standard rails instead of the removable "Superrails". I thought I'd take the hitch out when not towing, but the dang thing weighs so much I'd probably wrench my back trying. So instead, I just leave it in.
I had the same problem with the weight and how unwieldy it was. I wanted to remove it between uses also so I can up with a solution. I built a table that is the same height as the truck tailgate and large enough to hold the hitch. It has large wheel casters from Harbor Freight. I then purchased an electric hoist from Harbor Freight for less than $100 and mounted it to the ceiling in the garage. I would back the truck in and hook straps to the hitch and lift with the hoist. Pull truck out and bring table under hoist and lower hitch. Move table up against wall. To install I just reversed process. Worked well and I could install and remove hitch by myself. I can post pics or PM them if you are interested.

2008 Georgetown 373DS
Old 06-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #27

Quote:
I had the same problem with the weight and how unwieldy it was. I wanted to remove it between uses also so I can up with a solution. I built a table that is the same height as the truck tailgate and large enough to hold the hitch. It has large wheel casters from Harbor Freight. I then purchased an electric hoist from Harbor Freight for less than $100 and mounted it to the ceiling in the garage. I would back the truck in and hook straps to the hitch and lift with the hoist. Pull truck out and bring table under hoist and lower hitch. Move table up against wall. To install I just reversed process. Worked well and I could install and remove hitch by myself. I can post pics or PM them if you are interested.

Thanks for the info. I may try something similar in order to get the use of my truckbed back.

Tags
bed, towing