Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2021, 10:53 PM   #1

Speaking of WDH....

I got a Blue Ox round bar WDH with my first trailer. Seems to work fine, although no frame or reference. Dealer put a Husky round bar on for my new trailer, and it creaks so loudly when turning. Like, I can I hear it in the truck with windows closed and the radio on.

Is this normal? The blue ox (which is identical to the husky) didn't make near this much noise but it was on a different trailer. I've read about checking the dealer install and how noise is common but, again, limited frame or reference.
MRTull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:43 PM   #2

I have the same WDH and it moans and groans. It embarrassing when you pull into a RV park...everybody turns to look. I have made adjustments probably 4 times to the hitch. The only thing I know that quiets it down is WD40.
Apsaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:10 AM   #3
Canadian Member

Assuming the Husky WDH uses friction for sway prevention, the moaning and groaning are normal, but yes annoying and even embarrassing at first. All the creaking means its working as intended. When we had our TT and our Roo we used an Equal-i-zer brand WDH and it also did that although there are ways that the manufacturer recommends to reduce it somewhat. Don’t fret. Just about everyone else in the campground knows that sound and has experienced it. If its not making any noise it may not be working as intended.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #4

My only recommendation is to use a dry spray type lubricant on it. I did use WD-40, but found it attracted grit.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote