Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2019, 04:11 PM   #81

I am afraid that I am a little behind the curve on Goodyear Marathons. I had a set on my 2008 boat trailer for 8 years without any trouble at all. Then one failed sitting still over the winter. I replaced the tire with some other brand, and drove another season. Then another one of the Marathons had sidewall cracks, so I replaced the other three tires. Did I just get lucky? In the case of our Minilite, the Constancy tires have now gone 4 seasons and 15,000+ miles. If we keep this unit, 4 new Endurance tires are going on. Jay.
New TV 2020 2500HD gas.
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:57 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri704 View Post
Why would there be a wavey look across tread of tire?
On cars that indicates bad camber. Which on a trailer means bent axle.
Minthillbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:04 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Goodyear Marathon tires were made in China and there were a lot of issues with them. They are no longer being manufactured. The new Goodyear Endurance tires are made in the USA and do not have the issues the Marathon tires had. There are a lot of people who badmouth Endurance tires based on Marathon experiences. Someone else mentioned a 65 mph limit on Marathons, which I'll accept as true, but Goodyear Endurance tires are rated to 87 mph. This post is just a general information for anyone who doesn't know about the two different Goodyear tires.
Good point that Marathon and Endurance are two very different Goodyear tires. I have been running Endurance with good success.
TST 507 TPMS
nutdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Goodyear Marathon tires were made in China and there were a lot of issues with them.
Before they were made in China, they were made in the US and they were a very good tire. I had many of them and never a problem. It wasn't until they moved production to China where they started having problems.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires