Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 08:32 AM   #41

Wink Equalizer Sway Bars

Thanks for your quick reply.

As I am a "light" use camper, I didn't want to go to that trouble. I just am careful when needing to make tight turns, and complain a lot. Seems that Forest River would have thought about that, or Equalizer would have made the bars longer. Oh well.

Thanks again!
BobTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #42

I have a 19FD that we tow with our 2010 Acura MDX.

The MDX has the bit in the manual about a WDH being "not recommended", but the reason it states is due to handling, not anything regarding body/frame issues. From what I could tell from my research is this is more about them covering their ass from liability more than anything. Any tow vehicle will have problems if too much weight is taken off the rear axle, but I think it may be even more pronounced on these with their stability control with the built in electronic anti-sway. So, I feel as long as your WDH is setup correctly you should not have any worries.

As to the WDH itself, we have an Andersen WDH that works great and is pretty much silent. Cost wise it is more expensive, but being light and quiet sold me on it.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #43

I also tow my TT with a 2018 Honda Ridgeline. The trailer is a Palomini 177BH-ORV, which weighs 4003 empty and 5000 loaded. I don’t use a WDH and I’ve never felt any swaying even in high winds. The Ridgeline averaged 10.5 mpg last week when I towed the trailer from Phoenix to Washington State. This was the first trip I’ve made with the TT. I was surprised how well the Ridgeline tow the trailer.
azccj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #44

Anderson

I ended up going with the Anderson no sway WDH, virtually silent and I don’t have to loosen anything for backing up etc... so far seems worth the extra money I spent rather than going with the bar type.
Shrekp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #45

Honda towing

I would call Honda and verify that you should not use WDH. WDH will make towing more enjoyable. Same on calling Fastway or E-Trailer.com to verify none use of nylon jackets. The no grease on bar hangers, makes sense. I did sand down the paint on my hangers w/ 100 grit, before going to jackets. Again, no change in anti-sway performance, but cut the gravel crushing sound by 50%. This lasted for several days and then the sound came back slowly.
E-Trailer is a pretty good source of info and I have found them to sometimes beat others, like Amazon, on parts prices. They usually have a good selection also on parts w/ reviews.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:02 AM   #46

I have had the equalizer bars now 4 years. When they set me up they said if they're making noise they are working as designed and never grease them. That being said the longer I've had them the quieter they seem or I've gotten used to them and tune them out.
Coljensen is offline   Reply With Quote