Old 01-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #1

Time for a new truck

Anyone on here that can provide a ford xplan pin or Chevy deal code of some sort? Sick of haggling with dealers.

Not a tow monster but really like the new chevy trail boss.
bpa098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa098 View Post
Anyone on here that can provide a ford xplan pin or Chevy deal code of some sort? Sick of haggling with dealers.

Haggling is almost a thing of the past . best deals are toward the end of month end of year . the line it was listed at the wrong price but we will honor it is just another sales pitch .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:

You can get your own X-Plan pin by joining Mustang Club of America ($50/year) or the Experimental Aircraft Association ($40/year).

Neither require you to renew after that one year.

There is a clause in the X-plan docs that is ambiguous, and some dealers will read it one way, and others will read it the other. It reads:

For membership-based partner companies, you must provide a membership card that indicates a 60-day minimum membership.

Some read that to mean that you have to have been a member of the organization for more than 60 days, while others think it means that your membership must be for valid for a period longer than 60 days.

The difference is that the second interpretation means that you can sign up for a one-year membership with EAA or MCA today and use your pin tomorrow - because the membership itself is valid for more than 60 days. The first interpretation means that they would make you wait until March if you signed up today.

Note that the X-plan website will let you generate a PIN as soon as your membership is active (no 60-day wait there).

The last time I used it, the dealer tried to use the more restrictive interpretation, but I was able to convince them that they were going to waste more time fighting me on it than they were going to save by putting me off - so I was able to use X-plan to buy one of the first 2015 Mustang GTs delivered to my region! :-D

The full set of rules, along with the pricing calculation, can be found here: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerw...tner_rules.htm

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #4
Grammar Pedant

Mustang club is $25/year for Associate level, which is all you need.

If you're shopping for a car/truck, I highly recommend visiting the forums that are specific to those vehicles. Similarly, if I see people at truck forums contemplating an RV purchase, I'd recommend they come to a place like this. Different tools for different jobs.

If you're shopping Ford, also be sure to poke around for a PCO. If you don't know what a PCO is ... more reason to visit a Ford forum.

Good luck.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #5

Find a no haggle dealer. Seems like more than half are these days. Unless you are in a small town with little choice.
Towed by 2016 Ford F-150 screw, ecoboost, maxtow
Replaced 2011 Ford F-150 screw, ecoboost, maxtow
that overheated every time it towed up hill.
joeuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeuncool View Post
Find a no haggle dealer. Seems like more than half are these days. Unless you are in a small town with little choice.
That's the beauty of X-plan - if you are eligible, then virtually every dealer is no haggle. If they accept X-plan at all, they have to accept it from anyone.

Can you beat the price? Sure, I have seen it done. But mostly on vehicles that would have been loss leaders anyway.

As a member, you can go to fordpartner.com, choose Build & Price for the car/truck that you are interested in, and see the exact price that it will sell for at any Ford dealer in the country. You can option it any way you want on the website to try out different scenarios.

The limits are that certain vehicles are excluded - you can't buy a Raptor or Shelby GT500 on X-plan, and a dealer is not obligated to sell you something already on the lot at that price. I have heard of dealers requiring a new order, but have never experienced it myself. I have bought 2 cars "off the lot" using X-plan. All you have to do is identify yourself as an X-plan customer and all (most) of the games stop. They can still try to sell you all of the stupid add-ons that the "finance manager" tries to talk you into (It CHANGES the MOLECULAR STRUCTURE of your GLASS!!!!), but you are not obligated to buy those, just as you aren't when buying normally.

Price for a Ford is (invoice - 0.4%)+ $275.00 + up to $100 in "doc fees". The invoice price should include your "transportation fees, and you are still on the hook for tax/tag/title, but they can't charge you more than the dealer's actual cost of providing the service, or $100, whichever is less. (I have seen dealerships charge upwards of $750 for those "services".)

Old 01-06-2020, 10:22 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. I thought it was like an employee thing. I'll have to look up this pco thing.

Still really want this chevy but need to find a better deal
Old 01-06-2020, 10:47 PM   #8

If you’re a Costco member try going through them. They have a set price above dealer invoice. We’ve bought two vehicles through them. On the last one, a Nissan Rogue, no other dealers would even talk about matching prices. Plus you can get discounts on services and parts.
simiHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:27 PM   #9

Idk what you are towing but the trail boss has pretty bad numbers for towing compared to other trims and packages. On the flip side the Max trailer package really adds a lot to the base. It increases the gvwr, increased hitch rating, tranny cooler, axle, etc. My 2019 loaded Ltz has the 6.2, Max trailering, and trailer camera towing features. Payload on the loaded truck is 1940 with a tow rating of over 11k. But the TB sure look sweet.
Lzerarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzerarc View Post
Idk what you are towing but the trail boss has pretty bad numbers for towing compared to other trims and packages. On the flip side the Max trailer package really adds a lot to the base. It increases the gvwr, increased hitch rating, tranny cooler, axle, etc. My 2019 loaded Ltz has the 6.2, Max trailering, and trailer camera towing features. Payload on the loaded truck is 1940 with a tow rating of over 11k. But the TB sure look sweet.
My camper is only about 6k loaded. Mind is boggled after looking at so many trucks and specs but the trail boss I think was 9500 with the 5.3 engine, and about 1700 payload

Just wish I could find something like the xplan ford has but for chevy
Old 01-07-2020, 06:37 AM   #11

Can pco be used with xplan?
Old 01-07-2020, 08:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Can pco be used with xplan?
Yes - I did. $750 off of my Mustang. All current rebates and promotions too, though it doesn't stack with a couple of discounts. I can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall it being certain "group" based discounts, like the "recent college grads" one, or the "military members" one.

Old 01-07-2020, 09:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
Yes - I did. $750 off of my Mustang. All current rebates and promotions too, though it doesn't stack with a couple of discounts. I can't remember for sure, but I seem to recall it being certain "group" based discounts, like the "recent college grads" one, or the "military members" one.
So anyone can just joing the mustang club to get the xplan? 3 years back a member here just gave me a pin code from his account or what ever he had
Old 01-07-2020, 09:15 AM   #14
Grammar Pedant

Quote:
[...] Can you beat the price? Sure, I have seen it done. But mostly on vehicles that would have been loss leaders anyway. [...]
Definitely not true in my experience or the experiences I've read about on the Ford forums. I ordered my truck at quite a bit less than X-Plan. Net.

Keep your eye on the Net. Dealer fees in CO, e.g., are atrociously high. One benefit of X-Plan is that they cap these to $100. Some dealers advertise an Invoice pricing scheme to approach a "no-haggle" experience. But, Invoice + Dealer Fee >> X-Plan.

You can learn a lot more about vehicles and the purchasing of vehicles on ... wait for it ... a vehicle-specific forum rather than an RV forum. Just sayin'.

Quote:
So anyone can just joing the mustang club to get the xplan? 3 years back a member here just gave me a pin code from his account or what ever he had
Yes. Anyone can join the Mustang club, even if your sole purpose is to become eligible for X-Plan. You don't have to drive a Mustang or even like them. There's no test. $25. Just make sure that you join with enough buffer to meet the 60-day requirement. Some dealers may not check, but no reason to risk it.

No, the program states that a person cannot transfer an X-Plan PIN to anyone else outside of his/her household. There are certain other Ford programs that have transferable PINs (e.g., A-Plan), but the X-Plan is not one of those.

With that said, I generated an X-Plan PIN for my dad back in 2006 and the dealership accepted it. It shouldn't have, but it did. I wouldn't count on that going forward. Best plan is to pay the $25 and generate your own bullet-proof PIN.

PCOs are compatible with factory incentives and rebate programs. Some of the individual rebate programs are not compatible with one another (and it's been this way for at least 15 years). The example above is a good one: recent grad doesn't stack with military or first responders. You get one of those, even if you're active duty working at the local Fire Station who just got a BA from the local university.

If ordering, PCOs (and other rebates) lock in at the time of order (if your dealer knows what it's doing) ... so you don't have to worry about expiration. It's called the Incentive Protection Program. Guess where I learned about this stuff? Yep, a Ford forum.

X-Plan is eligible for all Ford rebates and programs, including PCOs.

TV: 2019 F-350 Lariat 4WD CCSB 6.7 PSD 3.55, 3,591 lb payload
Former RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
Former RV: 2007 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah
Former TV: 2005 F-150 King Ranch 4WD SCrew 5.4L Tow Package
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:51 AM   #15

Thanks for all the info. Seems this site is fine with you here to give the info lol. I came here as I got help here before and it's worked again, for ford anyways. Now to see if I can find a gm friend to pass me their discounts code, and yes I'll check a chevy forum
Old 01-07-2020, 02:09 PM   #16

You may not need to use the xplan but it would be good to have it for comparison. When I bought my F150 in Dec 2015 there were some internet specials that were within 50$ of the xplan price. I put the internet truck into the online xplan and the price was often within $50. Might be a challenge to find a max tow and all your favorite options, but you could get lucky.

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Most discounts, not factory discounts. Purchased ford pickup from dealer we've dealt with for years, and owner showed me that by using the x-plan factory discounts did not apply. He worked us a deal that beat the x-plan pricing by several thousand $'s. Have not used x-plan since.
ard58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:31 PM   #18

Currently in the Detroit area, they are offering GM employee pricing to all.
2014 Cougar 331MKS
gwilli20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #19

Costco auto buying program has very good deals. Also, there are brokers out there you can hire to haggle for you. IMHO, a no haggle price dealer is just another name for getting screwed into paying full retail.
Beachbourbon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
truck