Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
I doubt there is an E load tire made that will provide for the factory ratings at only 32 psi some door stickers call for.

I know a 2000s Chevy Z71 only calls for 30 psi front and rear, that is just too low for an E rated tire, I don't even think that low of a PSI is even on the load tables.
https://www.toyotires.ca/sites/defau...s_20170203.pdf

Lower pressures are not blank or greyed out on Toyo's table.
1953 GMC 9314
1982 GoldWing Interstate
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:14 PM   #42

Quote:
I doubt there is an E load tire made that will provide for the factory ratings at only 32 psi some door stickers call for.

I know a 2000s Chevy Z71 only calls for 30 psi front and rear, that is just too low for an E rated tire, I don't even think that low of a PSI is even on the load tables.
Okay, I’ll do it like this. The P275/70R17 provides 2260# of load capacity at the placard recommendation of 32 PSI. That is the minimum load capacity for replacement tires of any design. The LT275/70R17 will provide 2269# of load capacity at 42 PSI, anything above that is optional. (The vehicle manufacturer accounted for the 10% reduction in load capacity for the “P” tires when they installed them).

To verify my numbers use the chart provided in post #41.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lins View Post
https://www.toyotires.ca/sites/defau...s_20170203.pdf

Lower pressures are not blank or greyed out on Toyo's table.
I don't see what an LT tire can carry at 30 psi on those tables.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post
Okay, I’ll do it like this. The P275/70R17 provides 2260# of load capacity at the placard recommendation of 32 PSI. That is the minimum load capacity for replacement tires of any design. The LT275/70R17 will provide 2269# of load capacity at 42 PSI, anything above that is optional. (The vehicle manufacturer accounted for the 10% reduction in load capacity for the “P” tires when they installed them).

To verify my numbers use the chart provided in post #41.
Exactly, the door sticker says 32 psi but you need AT LEAST 42 psi to equal stock rating so the door sticker is garbage when switching from P to LT.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #45

Quote:
Exactly, the door sticker says 32 psi but you need AT LEAST 42 psi to equal stock rating so the door sticker is garbage when switching from P to LT.
The "door sticker" is strictly for the Original Equipment Designated tire size. The installer had the option to add an auxiliary tire placard with the new recommended cold inflation pressures for the LT tires.

The installer had the responsibility to tell the consumer the new inflation pressures.

If you are the installer you should read about swapping "P" & "LT" tires. Your particular situation is described (starting on page #33) in the following ref..

https://www.ustires.org/sites/defaul...TruckTires.pdf
Old 07-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #46

And then you go in for an oil change and they lower the pressure back down to 30. Thanks guys.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post
The "door sticker" is strictly for the Original Equipment Designated tire size. The installer had the option to add an auxiliary tire placard with the new recommended cold inflation pressures for the LT tires.

The installer had the responsibility to tell the consumer the new inflation pressures.

If you are the installer you should read about swapping "P" & "LT" tires. Your particular situation is described (starting on page #33) in the following ref..

https://www.ustires.org/sites/defaul...TruckTires.pdf
Sorry, late update, it starts on page 43.

Tags
pressure, tire