Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #1

Toad light question

So this may sound like a stupid question but here it goes. I need to wire the lights on my toad. I got the kit that is fully contained and uses its own lightbulbs as opposed to the factory lights in the car

Here is my question

My Coach is at the storage lot. If I hook the 4 pole light plug to the lights on my truck will they be the same as my coach? I assume they will but don't want to spend all the time wiring my toad and checking for " hot wires" to run them and then find out that the coach is different.

Thanks
Rdifuccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

You didn't mention what make and model of coach you have.
You didn't mention what make and model of truck you have.

My Georgetown has a factory OEM 7-way RV receptacle. Not sure about your coach.

Trucks may have 4 and/or 7 pin plugs.

Without your rig at hand, not sure what you're toad is connecting to. And...some toads have European lighting at the rear (red running and brake lights...yellow turn indicator lights) or American lighting at the rear (red running and brake and turn indicator lights)

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #3

Kenyandterry:

I have a 2016 forest river FR3. It has a 7 way plug. My truck is a Toyota Tundra which also has a 7 way plug.

I am running all new lights and NOT using the factory lights in my 2016 Ford Fiesta. I will not be hooking into the factory lights on the toad at all.

The light kit I bought had a 4 pole so I will have to use the 7 to 4 pole adaptor in both my coach and my truck.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

We'll I may be going out on a limb but I believe the OEM 7 pin wiring on your FR3 and your Tundra will be a match.

At some auto stores (Advance Auto, Autozone, etc) you can purchase 7 to 4 testers with LED's to show correct lighting signals.

My toad wires the same from my Georgetown and my buddy's F-150.

Good luck.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
We'll I may be going out on a limb but I believe the OEM 7 pin wiring on your FR3 and your Tundra will be a match.

At some auto stores (Advance Auto, Autozone, etc) you can purchase 7 to 4 testers with LED's to show correct lighting signals.

My toad wires the same from my Georgetown and my buddy's F-150.

Good luck.

Thanks. Good call out on the tester. May be worth looking into so I don't have to do it twice

Tags
light, toad