Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #21

I have the above the bed rails in my truck. (Not a dodge) ordered from etrailer and had a choice of custom mount or universal. I went with custom brackets that fit my truck frame exactly. I installed everything myself. Those 1" holes in your bed are gonna be real sloppy. I had to drill 9/16 holes or 5/8 max.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #22

I would tell them they can replace the bed and I will go somewhere else where competent installers work!

None of the above bed rails take a 1" hole or bolt for that matter.

I would not stand for the wrong holes drilled in my truck.

I installed the under-bed ford kit for mine and my bed had dimples where you were supposed to drill. I still measured just to be safe.

Sorry for your troubles.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #23

Find out exactly how they are going to "make it right". Have them show the layout/diagram to you, and how they are going to use those drilled holes. Asking them to replace the bed is silly. Not gonna happen unless you sue them and actually win (which you won't, as long as they are trying to make it right).

But do not let them touch your truck again until you are sure they know what they are doing. And you should probably cancel those camping plans in 7...6...5 days.
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #24
Back to Shasta Camping...

New Estimate

They actually have not come back to us with any further details on how they were going to make it right... Although I remain very upset and would like to do something the economies of what it would take me to make them fix this would cost me more than it is worth...

Right now I have placed grommets/covers in the holes to clean up the appearance (and prevent water flow) and am working with a more distant (more trusted) RV dealership. HOWEVER, they even came back on their initial estimate with a bracket kit that was for a 2011 Chevrolet. I pointed out to them their error and provided my recommendation as to what I thought the right part was. They fell over themselves apoligizing for their error but now they know that I am not about to blindly let someone work on my truck until they provide me the details of what parts are required. This then allows me to confirm the proper parts are going to be installed by competent RV mechanics. At this point they believe they have found a pull-rite installation/bracket kit that will fit the 2014 Dodge 3500 SB Dually.

And I am still going camping this weekend. I will continue to use our new 2013 chevrolet 2500HD gasser. Our dually will pull our 14' boat...

Happy Travels,

B n D
Her RV: 2010 VCross 20VFB (Camper)
--------------------------------------------------
Bill n Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #25

If worst comes to worst, an option would be to weld/patch the wrong holes, and install a spray-in-bed liner. Dealer did this for my friend when they drilled his bed in wrong places.

Nights camped in 2016:03😄
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:21 AM   #26

Hmmm...

And as fate would have things, the DW did just the other day make this same comment. We have had spray in liners in the past and really liked them...

Again, thanks to all for assisting me vent with this issue. It still remains unresolved but I know it will be done right given what the first attempt at bafoonery ( or is it baphoonery) caused me to do and my desire to avoid that again.

Have a great weekend to all,

B n D
Old 05-02-2014, 06:47 AM   #27

I had the same problem when I was buying my 2013 dodge daully last year dodge dealer said the hitch was not available for the truck yet I made them take the truck to the Rv dealer I use they had an above rail system that would work for it it also helps if the truck dealer is hard up for the sale and you refuse to sign any paper work for the new truck till everything is set up with your hitch like it should be
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #28

RESOLVED

Friends,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my issue has been resolved... No the original dealer never did anything...

A great company, American Family RV of Chesapeake solved my issue. They searched and came up with a Pull-Rite ISR and custom bracket kit for my truck. The part number was 2742... From what I have been told Pull-Rite produced a limited number of these kits to ensure they worked with the newly re-designed frames on the 2014 models.

The best part was that the original holes drilled by the neophytes at that un-named company were able to be used when installing this pull-rite ISR solution.

I am so happy this has gone full circle and been resolved.

Happy Trails to all.

B n B
Old 06-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #29

Good deal! Now, go camping, and have FUN!!!!

Nights camped in 2016:03😄
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch