Old 07-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
Wow! Nice truck. Congratulations. Now you're already set up for your next TT/5th wheel.

Thank you my first diesel
sherryparris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Mine is an 07 and had 128k last year when I bought it. It now has almost 160k.

Put a coolant bypass filtration kit on there if you don't have it already.

Thanks Iíll sure let my husband know this
Old 07-08-2019, 04:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
You made a mistake by only looking at towing capacity, when you should have focused on payload capacity first, especially with a SUV.
Nearly all tow vehicles will run out of payload capacity WAY before reaching max towing capacity.
Your dealer should be ashamed of letting you leave with such a dangerous setup.
The hitch is clearly not setup rignt and you should have never left the dealer until they adjusted the hitch to return more weight to the front axle.
But even if they did, it may have not helped much.
I wish you would have come here first before buying the trailer and the dually.

I was scared driving it home for sure and definitely we didnít know any better we took them at their word . So hopefully we wonít have any problems now. I just now today found this forum
Old 07-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
Wow! Nice truck. Congratulations. Now you're already set up for your next TT/5th wheel.

Lol yes this came with a 5th wheel hitch in it.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #25

[QUOTE=sherryparris;2135516]
Quote:

Nice ! I think Iím really going to like it. Itís an 2006 and has 161,000 miles

Question what tire pressure do you run in your tires ? You going by what is on the door jam or by what the tire indicates?
Old 07-08-2019, 10:59 PM   #26

[QUOTE=sherryparris;2136071]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryparris View Post

Question what tire pressure do you run in your tires ? You going by what is on the door jam or by what the tire indicates?
Your best answer is a chalk test. Take the truck for a drive, get the tires warm, on a straight street, draw lines across the tires with the chalk. The chalk should wear off evenly. If the edges wear and the center doesn’t, the air pressure is too low. On the other hand, if the center wears off, there’s too much air. On my 7.3L Diesel Dually CCLB I run 75psi in the front tires and currently 55 psi in the rears. I’m currently getting even wear at these pressures. I constantly check the pressures and if I drive in dirt etc, I look at how the dirt/dust wears off.

Since you asked about tires:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...installed.html

99 F350 Dually 7.3L
Colorado Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:10 PM   #27

Quote:
I was scared driving it home for sure and definitely we didnít know any better we took them at their word . So hopefully we wonít have any problems now. I just now today found this forum
Well, welcome to the Forum. You have a very nice truck. Wise choice.

Your SUV was way overloaded and above its rated tow capacity with the trailer you bought (TT GVWR of 9730#; TV tow rating of 9200#). Two years ago, we saw a Chevy Tahoe full of passengers (mom, dad, 4 kids, grandma, a dog) towing a rig slightly smaller than yours pull into the campground where we were staying. Dad was driving and did not look happy. Chatted with him a little while later and he said he knew he was way overloaded. He hadn't considered the payload issue. I ran a few numbers for him and he was above his capacity though his WDH was set up really well. They ended their trip there. They were from Kansas and had never pulled in the mountains before. He had to climb an 8% grade up a 9100 ft pass to get to where we were. It was a nice climb... in first gear and getting really hot. They stayed a few days, had a blast then went home.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:11 AM   #28

Quote:
We are raising 4 of our grandkids so yes Iím very sure we were close to our capacity even with me be very careful not to load a bunch of stuff to carry . It all adds up that for sure .
You weren't close to you your payload capacity, you were way over it. Smart move on getting a truck. While a ĺ ton would most likely have worked, there's nothing wrong with having too much truck. Now you can upgrade to an even bigger trailer and you won't have to upgrade the truck.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L 4.10
2020 KZ 130RBSE
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:30 AM   #29

[QUOTE=Colorado Wildcat;2136115]
Quote:

Your best answer is a chalk test. Take the truck for a drive, get the tires warm, on a straight street, draw lines across the tires with the chalk. The chalk should wear off evenly. If the edges wear and the center doesnít, the air pressure is too low. On the other hand, if the center wears off, thereís too much air. On my 7.3L Diesel Dually CCLB I run 75psi in the front tires and currently 55 psi in the rears. Iím currently getting even wear at these pressures. I constantly check the pressures and if I drive in dirt etc, I look at how the dirt/dust wears off.

Since you asked about tires:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...installed.html

Will do thanks a lot
Old 07-09-2019, 03:33 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
You weren't close to you your payload capacity, you were way over it. Smart move on getting a truck. While a ĺ ton would most likely have worked, there's nothing wrong with having too much truck. Now you can upgrade to an even bigger trailer and you won't have to upgrade the truck.

I was worried about that . I wanted to load up and go to a weight station but havenít had the chance . With getting the dually figured no worries and now I can load their bikes and a few other things with no worries.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchilero53 View Post
Well, welcome to the Forum. You have a very nice truck. Wise choice.

Your SUV was way overloaded and above its rated tow capacity with the trailer you bought (TT GVWR of 9730#; TV tow rating of 9200#). Two years ago, we saw a Chevy Tahoe full of passengers (mom, dad, 4 kids, grandma, a dog) towing a rig slightly smaller than yours pull into the campground where we were staying. Dad was driving and did not look happy. Chatted with him a little while later and he said he knew he was way overloaded. He hadn't considered the payload issue. I ran a few numbers for him and he was above his capacity though his WDH was set up really well. They ended their trip there. They were from Kansas and had never pulled in the mountains before. He had to climb an 8% grade up a 9100 ft pass to get to where we were. It was a nice climb... in first gear and getting really hot. They stayed a few days, had a blast then went home.

yes it was not a fun ride for sure just an hour away from home to where we went . Kids was thought it was an hour away what took so long . Well I wanted to be safe cause I wasnít comfortable. So on the way home I had hubby drive so he could feel better what I was feeling. Now we are going through this truck to be sure we know when maintenance is done before we hook up .

I wanna take a drive to Caddo Lake for some R & R to ourselves with my brother for some picture taking
Old 07-09-2019, 05:28 AM   #32

[QUOTE=sherryparris;2136071]
Quote:

On the front you need to run at the posted PSI which I believe for our trucks is 75psi. For the rear I think (if I remember right) the spec is 65psi. I run those 5 psi under spec, so 60 there. If you were hauling a big 5th wheel I'd go to the sticker spec.

I do have 4wd.. not sure if your truck has that or not. 4wd vehicles are a little heavier.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:32 AM   #33

Quote:
yes it was not a fun ride for sure just an hour away from home to where we went . Kids was thought it was an hour away what took so long . Well I wanted to be safe cause I wasnít comfortable. So on the way home I had hubby drive so he could feel better what I was feeling. Now we are going through this truck to be sure we know when maintenance is done before we hook up .

I wanna take a drive to Caddo Lake for some R & R to ourselves with my brother for some picture taking

Thank you
Old 07-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #34

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Kudos to you for realizing what many ignore, proper tow vehicle.

Also raising 4 grand kids! May you have many memories camping with them and make sure you visit a state park and let them get dirty!! Have a lot of fun!

Cheers

Brian
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post

Also raising 4 grand kids! May you have many memories camping with them and make sure you visit a state park and let them get dirty!! Have a lot of fun!

Cheers

Brian

Thanks Brian we sure will and they believe in getting dirty !
Old 07-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #36

[QUOTE=007matman;2136154]
Quote:
On the front you need to run at the posted PSI which I believe for our trucks is 75psi. For the rear I think (if I remember right) the spec is 65psi. I run those 5 psi under spec, so 60 there. If you were hauling a big 5th wheel I'd go to the sticker spec.

I do have 4wd.. not sure if your truck has that or not. 4wd vehicles are a little heavier.
It sits pretty low to the ground, so I'm guessing 2WD.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L 4.10
2020 KZ 130RBSE
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #37

[QUOTE=AlaskaErik;2137260]
Quote:

It sits pretty low to the ground, so I'm guessing 2WD.
The F350 pictured in post #10 is 4 wheel drive. You can see the hubs on the front wheels.
I run 75-76 psi in my front tires (cold) and 72-74 psi in my rear duals. They increase 8-10 psi when fully warmed up on hot roads (like, Az hot). I monitor pressure and temperature on them and my fifth wheel tires as well with an EezTire tpms.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:15 AM   #38

[QUOTE=SlowrideHD;2137270]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post

The F350 pictured in post #10 is 4 wheel drive. You can see the hubs on the front wheels.

I run 75-76 psi in my front tires (cold) and 72-74 psi in my rear duals. They increase 8-10 psi when fully warmed up on hot roads (like, Az hot). I monitor pressure and temperature on them and my fifth wheel tires as well with an EezTire tpms.

Thank you
Old 08-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post

Cheers

Brian

Hope everything is great your way ! We hooked up the f350!to the trailer and she toes like a dream! Best thing I bought to fix the problem!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2239.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	589.2 KB
ID:	212925

Tags
towing