Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrottop View Post
Well just to give everyone an update on this, I thought better of using our Jeep Liberty to tow a camper. I purchased a 2009 F150 supercab with the 5.4 triton with max tow package (I will only be using this truck for camping and some hauling around town). I know have a 9200lb towing capacity and a 145" wheel base. The only down side (or upside if your my wife) is we now upgraded the trailer we bought a 24ft triple hybrid with a slide. This unit is 4300 lbs dry and 6555 loaded and is a tandem trailer. We did keep the 4 point sway control Weight distributing hitch though. Thanks everyone for your input I do appreciate the sound advice.
this sounds so familiar! we started with a 2005 Liberty and a small pop up. Upgraded to a small hybrid travel trailer but soon discovered we struggled way too much at highway speed. That little 6 just can't handle all the front wall drag on the interstates. So we upgraded to a Ram 1500 with the 5.7l Hemi. Now that pulled the hybrid like it wasn't there, but of course if you have a bigger truck with more towing capacity you need a bigger trailer, right? That led us to a full blow travel trailer that came in under 5000 lbs and even with our gear we still had plenty of towing capacity.

https://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing