Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2022, 08:39 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingfisherman View Post
When tandem towing weight can be a factor, however the most important thing is overall length. Most states allow up to 65 ft and some 60 ft. I think there is a state that doesn't allow over 55 ft. When it's all hooked up together measure from bumper to bumper and you can see if you're legal.

One of the two owners that're wanting to tow a golf cart indicated their truck is 22 feet long with a 6 foot overhang of the fiver over the bed. With just the 37FLH and the truck, their setup without adding the golf cart is just short of 59 feet. Unless you're in a state, like Michigan, that allows tandem towing up to 75 feet, I can't see how it'll be legal for them to do this.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post

I read thru some of the posts after the picture in your link. Man, what a mess that'd be and a nightmare I really hope I never have. But, this is exactly what I'm talking about in my original post that can happen if you try to test the limits of your RV frame.

I'm really curious to know from any others in the forum with insurance claim experience what options there are in such a circumstance. If you damage your frame enough to where it can't be fixed and the RV is totaled because you tried to do something with it it wasn't designed to do, can you file a legit insurance claim? I highly doubt the claim would be accepted. And, even if you have any warranty left on the RV, there's no RV dealer or manufacturer I know of that'd cover damage like that.

Really big and very expensive risk to take if you ask me, and is in no way worth it.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:04 PM   #23

In Iowa the front unit has to be a FW. And no longer than 65 feet. A friend's wife wants a bigger FW. He said no, then I can't tow the boat. Close to maximum length now.

2021 Arctic Wolf
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Gasser
RRSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:33 AM   #24

Unless it changed since I last looked it up Iowa has a max length of 70 feet. When I'm all hooked up I'm right at the 70 foot.
Both retired and loving life
badger5301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:21 PM   #25

That's right. I was reading the others and 65 got stuck in my head.

2021 Arctic Wolf
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Gasser
RRSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing