Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2020, 01:52 PM   #41

This thread caught my attention b/c I too have a 2020 Vibe 18RB and I tow it with a Nissan Pathfinder equipped with a tow package and rated for 6000lbs, although it's two years older than yours. I have a WD/sway control hitch and electronic braking.

I bought the Vibe in June. Already had the Pathfinder. So far 2 successful trips down here in the flatlands of Florida. No problems with braking. I easily maintain about 60-65mph and stay in the slow lane, getting about 12 mpg. Future trips in 2021 are planned for the eastern seaboard, including parts of the Appalachian and Allegheny mountain ranges.

You've inspired me to get a CAT weight next time I load up. I think I'm ok for the trips we've planned in several of the beautiful Florida State Parks, but I'm nervous about getting up in the hills. I'm also going to be replacing the original tires on the Nissan, which will be a critically important choice.

I too am a relative newbie at this. The Vibe is my second RV and we love it---the other RV served for just one trip and I got rid of it (see my post under Beetle Infestation, or Powder Post Beetles).

GL to you, and thanks for posting about this!
jmcd55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #42

Great to share notes! Feel free to PM me. I'm Scott
CampNHeims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #43
Roe

I have a 2018 Pathfinder as well. I have a 2019 Rockwood 2109S. Newbee TT owner. I was curious and a bit concerned about weight as well. In a year I’ve taken about 10 trips. I live in FL, so much of the driving has been on relatively flat roads. I’ve been on 2 longer trips. One to Arkansas the other to Nashville TN. I’ve been very pleased with the PF ability to pull this TT. I never drive faster than 60-65. Tow mode on. Get about 9-11mpg depending on how fast I drive. There are only 2 of us and we generally travel light. Took one trip to Key West and on the way home it was very windy. I was concerned about the wind, but it was so much more stable than I expected. Not a lot of technical terms here, but just sharing my experiences.

If you’d like I can share how I figured the weight technicalities. Planning to weigh on the way out before my next trip. Should be interesting.

Hope you enjoy your trips!
Roe is offline   Reply With Quote