Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2020, 01:35 PM   #1

towing wrangler

We would like to flat tow our Jeep Wrangler (Sahara not Rubicon) behind our FR3. Hubby is hearing that Blue Ox is the best way. Any thoughts?
bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #2

There are a number of very reputable companies offering tow bars for your Jeep. Each of us has our preferences and bias, so on them it mostly comes down to personal preference. Blue Ox is certainly one to consider.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:23 PM   #3

I agree with Igave that it is personal preference. I chose the Roadmaster Falcon 2 Tow Bar for my 33DS to my 2017 Buick Envision.

David Ehlert
ehlerts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:46 PM   #4

I love the Rock Hard bumper with integrated mounts for Roadmaster (can also do Blue Ox I believe) + the Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar. Put my breakaway + light mount on the bumper, clean install, no ground clearance loss.

Griswards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:27 PM   #5

We have a Blue Ox and are very happy with it. Can't compare details with the others, so I'm not saying it's best.

A companion consideration is the braking system. We chose the RVIbrake3 because it's very compact, can be easily moved to your next toad, minimal installation, and it uses RVI's Command Center tablet for monitoring and manual control, if desired. That CC is also used with their TPMS system (for all 10 tires), which I judged was a plus - since the braking and TPMS can be monitored on the same screen - saving a little dashboard clutter.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:35 PM   #6

+1 for RViBrake 👍🏼

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFather View Post
We have a Blue Ox and are very happy with it. Can't compare details with the others, so I'm not saying it's best.

A companion consideration is the braking system. We chose the RVIbrake3 because it's very compact, can be easily moved to your next toad, minimal installation, and it uses RVI's Command Center tablet for monitoring and manual control, if desired. That CC is also used with their TPMS system (for all 10 tires), which I judged was a plus - since the braking and TPMS can be monitored on the same screen - saving a little dashboard clutter.
Griswards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:48 PM   #7

+1 for the RVIBrake3 too..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFather View Post

RV: 2019 FR3 33DS -- Toad: 2017 Buick Envision
Roadmaster Falcon 2 Tow Bar & RVi Brake3 System & TPMS
ehlerts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:15 AM   #8

We use the Demco Commander to tow our 2016 Wrangler. Easy hooking up and never had any towing issues.
“Don’t take life too seriously...Nobody gets out alive anyway”
rickemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:29 PM   #9

We have the Blue Ox system and tow a 2018 Wrangler JL behind our 2015 30DS. No issues so far.
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #10

We tow our wrangler with a blue ox base plate and tow bar and are very pleased. We use a Stay In Play brake system because we don’t want to mess with a portable and it is one of the few systems that is truly proportional. It is “permanently “ installed so towing is as easy as flipping a switch. I self installed in a couple of hours and removal will be easy if I ever change toads. I couldn’t be happier.

Tags
towing