Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Travel Trailer Dolly

I'd like to get some input on the usefulness of a trailer dolly. I have a 3100 lb Apex Nano. Flat driveway that I would like to be able to turn my TT without towing it thru my yard each time I leave on a trip. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,
cus105
cus105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
OYO

I use a Trailer Valet on my A-frame (~4k) and boat (~5k). It works pretty well on flat paved surfaces. Takes a little getting used to.

It works better if you can attach it to the toung rather than on the aframe of the trailer. On my camper the toung is too short.

I don't recommend one for a dual axle trailer. There is too much tire friction to turn it much.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #3

I use this to move a utility trailer, one steers while the other pushes.
Your Nano is relatively light.
https://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb...lly-60533.html
Old 06-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYO View Post
I use a Trailer Valet on my A-frame (~4k) and boat (~5k). It works pretty well on flat paved surfaces. Takes a little getting used to.

It works better if you can attach it to the toung rather than on the aframe of the trailer. On my camper the toung is too short.

I don't recommend one for a dual axle trailer. There is too much tire friction to turn it much.
+1. I do use it on a dual axle 4000lb TT, it does work, but it MUST be level and paved. But I can get it in a very tight space and it’s better than paying storage fees.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #5
OYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBCamper View Post
+1. I do use it on a dual axle 4000lb TT, it does work, but it MUST be level and paved. But I can get it in a very tight space and it’s better than paying storage fees.
Yep. I have a tight fit for our boat in the garage. I can literally drop the toung jack on a dime every time with little effort.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #6

+1 on the Trailer Valet. Works very well on single axle trailers, a bit tougher on dual axles but still doable. On smooth level surfaces, like the floor of my very large shop, I also find it pretty convenient to just set the front jack stand pad on a metal four wheeler (I.e., Harbor Freight’s auto wheel dolly) and then just push the trailer around. This works for both single and dual axle trailers. For very heavy trailers, I use a Power Caster good for up to 18k pounds. Couldn’t live without it.
ProfessorBB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer