Old 01-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #61

So let's take a poll. How many have actually towed a 34'+ RK with a properly equipped F150 and the proper WDH/sway control hitch? What's your experience? Facts, not opinions.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:45 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdixie View Post
I don't remember the specs exactly but my truck was special ordered and I believe the cargo capacity was somewhere in the mid 2000 lbs. easily surpassing the 1500 or so lbs. or so when loaded. I did weigh the truck and trailer one time and I was about 1000 lbs. under the GCWR. Believe me I really did my homework before ordering both the truck and the trailer. I even removed the heavy recliner sofa and twin recliner chairs in order to remove some weight. I spent 40 years in the RV business and I wouldn't drive something that wasn't safe. The only issue I have had is I had to replace the front brakes at about 40,000 miles which to me was a bit early. Other than that the truck has never been in for any type of Ford service.
Richard,
A very objective way to defend your position on the safe and legal use of a half ton truck like yours to tow heavy loads would be to share your weight stats on your actual scaled weights versus each of the max weight ratings for your truck. You make it very hard on yourself without these important facts. Iíve asked you to share this previously and didnít get much response. I must need to remind you that others lives may depend on the accuracy of your recommendations. If your truck is capable of towing a 34í trailer, back it up with some useful facts, or politely withdraw from this discussion.
2016 Micro Lite 25DKS (sold)
rmillermtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #63

I have a 34foot Hemisphere.
I would consider it abusive to the truck to pull it with a F-150.
I would also consider the driver and owner of said F-150 to be out of his mind to pull something as long and heavy as my Hemisphere.
It is one thing to get the RV going, but completely another to control it and stop it when needed.

I have driven everything under the sun and have had a Commercial Drivers License for 45 years and still drive Commercially. Don't take such a chance with your life and property and the lives and property of others. Get a bigger truck or smaller RV.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
So let's take a poll. How many have actually towed a 34'+ RK with a properly equipped F150 and the proper WDH/sway control hitch? What's your experience? Facts, not opinions.
Loxe all the optnions out there of F150 TV's from those who never had one. Had a 2014 3.5 with standard tow pkg and now a 2018 with a Husky Centerline TS WDH . Have a 35' 282RK. Love the combo. Last year over 6000 miles. One trip South over 4600. Drive between 60 - 62 mph. Been in winds over 30 mph. Just slowed down because I'm pulling a sail at times. Get 10 to 13 mpg. Great excelleration solid brakng. I am one happy camper. Everything is within specs according to mfg and cat scales. We are in this for the journey not just the destination.
rmanduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:34 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Rockwood 2902WS. 33'9" rear kitchen. Not a Ford but a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 CCSB 4x4/5.3/3:42. E2 10,000/1,000 hitch and have no sway or white knuckles. Tows great. A 3/4 ton might be better but my setup is pretty good.

Tags
towing