Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #1

tuners for ecoboost

Did a search and not finding much. Anyone here use a tuner for your 3.5 eco boost? What has been your experiences? Looking at one to increase mpg.

My mechanic says to stay away from them as they tend to cause expensive engine & trans damage!

Where ever you go there you are
grumpyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 02:41 PM   #2

Try this website. I used to frequent this place quite often when I had my Ecoboost.

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/

'17 F350 STX 6.7 CCSB
'15 Stealth 2313
stealthWA2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyer View Post
Did a search and not finding much. Anyone here use a tuner for your 3.5 eco boost? What has been your experiences? Looking at one to increase mpg.

My mechanic says to stay away from them as they tend to cause expensive engine & trans damage!
5star tuning is hands down the best daily driver safe tuners. They do not produce the higest numbers like MPT or Livernois but they are very safe and streetable. I have a few friend with 3.5 and they have no issues. I have the 5.0 and have 50k miles on the 91 perf/tow tune with not a hiccup. Lifetime tunes and customer service has been great. Id call them and talk to them
Mattg1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:47 PM   #4

You won't see an improvement in MPG when towing. In order to overcome drag, your engine has to produce power. In order to produce power, it has to spin the turbos up to get more air. More air means it's going to use more gas. No tuner will change that enough to justify cost.

Now, if you want to adjust shift points, get more power at certain times, or wake your engine up and make it perform better than it does with the factory settings, sure. Go for it.
pilotpip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecoboost