Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #1

Using EZ Jack with Equaflex suspension

Does anyone have any experience with the Blaylock EZ Jack and Lippert Equaflex suspension? I have a 2013 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28bh and don't want to carry a heavy floor jack around. I have heard of the EZ Jack but did not know if it would work with my suspension.
Fatback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Always Learning

Different camper, but also have the Equaflex suspension. I went 5 blocks high with Lynx Levelers and my second tire was still firmly on the ground:

I ended up adding a board on top:

With the EZ Jack, you might be able to put it on a board if you had one long and wide enough. Or, OldCoot mentioned to me, in another thread, that I could have blocked between the suspension and the frame to keep the Equaflex from lifting so much.

No matter what you do- try it at home first!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #3

Thanks for the info. I'm just concerned it will damage the suspension using it. I will give it a whirl. If it doesn't work I will use the floor jack method.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatback View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm just concerned it will damage the suspension using it. I will give it a whirl. If it doesn't work I will use the floor jack method.
Ahh, ok- I thought it was about lift. I had no concerns about damage. It was weird to see the full 5"+ difference between the two, but it handled it fine and came back off of it fine.

I wonder if you looked in the owner's manual/documentation for the Equaflex suspension itself if it says anything about jacking up tires and warnings for it. (I'd look, but don't have my papers with me.)
Old 11-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #5

It says to only lift from the frame. Not the suspension or axel. But with it being under the tire does it count. Who knows, I will give a try. Thanks again !
Old 11-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Always Learning

I had heard about not jacking the axle up - it's my understanding that the fear is that someone will jack from the middle of the axle to get both tires off of the grounds. I jacked right inside of the axle hanger/u-bolt things and didn't see any negative consequences from it (I replaced all 4 tires- I only used the ramp-trick with the first one).

I had never heard about not jacking up at the suspension, nor do I really see how you could (I'm sure someone much more mechanically inclined than would see how easy it is- I'm just a lowly computer guy; keyboards + code are where I'm comfortable).

I can't imagine jacking up the tire with something like the EZ Jack or Trailer Aid would do anything different than what the tire sees on the road *except* for the height that it lifts.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #7

I think it might have to do with tire size whether or not you can jack it up enough by driving onto blocks. It worked fine for my 25 foot Surveyor
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Should not bother the Equaflex suspension by using the EasyJack, would be no different than driving up or down a curb. I would carry a block of wood to place between the Equaflex suspension and the frame as ependydad mentioned and not have to use any additional blocking under the EasyJack.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #9

Thank you all for the info. Once I try it out I will post the results

Tags
suspension