Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2019, 09:20 AM   #1

Warning -- Toad Light Wiring

I had my dealer install base plate, wiring, brake system to my Toad (2019 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid). They installed Blue Ox products. The one-day job turned into 3 days. The light wiring kit was the Blue Ox model specified for my car. It did not work-- initially only left tail lights, then no tail lights. Conversations between the dealer and Blue Ox resulted in no solution, but the answer from Blu Ox that the dealer reported to me was that the kit sometimes did not work with the LED lights in the Lincoln. Suggested fixes were an adapter between the RV 7-pin outlet and the Toad plug or a resister placed in the wiring. Still not working. Now I use magnetic mounted lights directly wired to the RV. The lights in the car (when NOT connected to the RV) work, but the left turn signal and the clicking sound when turn signals are on run very fast. The right side is still normal. I don't know the extent of damage they have done to the car's electrical system or if it will cause failures in the future, but something has definitely been damaged in the car. No offer from dealer or blue Ox to remedy that. I do know that it is irritating to listen to the rapid clicking with the left signal on. I also paid for a faulty system and/or incompetent labor and now have a 3 month old car with an issue in the wiring.

Lesson learned the hard way -- don't trust this dealer's work or the product.
North Carolina Mountains
scfishnman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, toad, wiring