Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2016, 05:15 PM   #1

WDH question

Ok. This may be a no brainer but wanted to get some experienced input. Before our last trip I had air lift helper springs installed on my TV to get the rear end back closer to stock and to try to eliminate some of the porpoising. I noticed that my TT is riding nose high now. I'd like to get it a little more level so I am going to do some remeasuring and then probably drop the head a couple holes down on the shank of my hitch. That being said, I am assuming that I will also have to drop the L brackets also? I should add that I have an E2 WDH. I know...I know but it came with the purchase of the TT and after some tweaking I am satisfied with it so far. I hope I have provided enough info for some responses. Thanks in advance.
Troy, Josie and our 2 K9 co-pilots Breck and Maggie
USN 86-92
3 nights camped so far in 2020
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:22 PM   #2

Yeah, I won't tease you about the E2 vs 4pt thing. :-)

I'm not a fan of people using suspension mods as a replacement for a WDH, but that's not the case here. Just be sure that when you do your WDH adjustments, deflate the air bags (or whatever they are) so you get the hitch right.

Remember, you want enough weight distribution so that the front wheel well height with WDH engaged, is the same as it was before you attached the trailer to the ball. If the wheel well is higher than stock, you need more weight transfer.

Going 2 spaces down seems excessive to me. I'd start with only 1 slot down (which will be 1.25".
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote