Old 07-12-2020, 07:30 PM   #1

WDH Storage Problem

I think it was last week another member had a link in their post to the EzStorHitch below:

https://ezstorhitch.com

I purchased one, installed it myself (I'm a female solo RVer) in short order and LOVE it! Thank you to whomever had the link to EzStor in their post.

I can't recommend this storage item strongly enough. It occupies otherwise "dead" space on the tongue of my TT, gets the dirty WDH arms out of the back of my tow vehicle, and gives me somewhere to lock the arms and the hitch head/shank when it is not in the receiver of my truck.

And even better, when I reached out to the company about wanting to purchase an EzStorHitch locally, I was advised they are only available online right now but there was a sale going on at the time of my purchase where the discount covered the shipping and 95% of the sales tax so I still came out ahead. Shipping was VERY fast and I had the item in a matter of less than a week.

If you are like I was until 2 days ago and don't always have somewhere safe and secure to store your weight distribution system for your TT when you are not actively using it, this handy little item might be perfect for you.

"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:46 PM   #2

I agree the ez store looks like a really nice solution, but thought it to be a little pricy. I bought a 2” receiver meant for bike racks that bolts onto the rear bumper. It cost less than 1/3 the price of the ez store.

I mounted it under the ladder so I can step on the shank to gene easier access to the ladder. The wd bars store easily enough in my storage compartment - much easier than the shank and hitch!

Old 07-12-2020, 08:49 PM   #3

I set mine on the ground under the hitch, and use a heavy cable with a large enough pad lock that I can connect the chains on the bars to the setup. It's all chained to the trailer... I had the cable for my motorcycles, supposedly uncuttable, but nothing will stop a dedicated criminal.
Dragon1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #4

yes that does look like a nice device, but I gotta agree with Jfkmk that it does seem a bit pricey for what it does, .... I also use a bike rack receiver attached to my rear bumper, ... it's lockable, it's out of the way, and being in the rear of the trailer for all practical purposes it's always out of sight ... and you can protect the hitch from the weather with a plastic bag, ... that's an old pic, I've since moved mine under the ladder as well, ...

https://www.amazon.com/OxGord-Carrie...%2C166&sr=8-10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0212.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	449.9 KB
ID:	233802  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:16 PM   #5

The torsion bars in the video were clean. Mine have grease on them. I simply store my bars in the forward storage compartment and leave the hitch installed. I have some cardboard and plastic to keep the storage compartment free of any grease. Another issue would be storing them at a windy, dusty area if you keep them greased up.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.6L 4.10
2020 KZ 130RBSE
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:29 AM   #6

I store the hitch in locked front storage (once camp stuff is removed) and my torsion bars in my rear bumper...out of sight, out of mind.

Kmack319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage