Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #1

Weigh station etiquette

Stopped in to the weigh station at TA truck stop...pulled in to the weigh station got out of my truck to make sure the axles were on the plates correctly and heard a horn honk...thought it must be someone in another part of the parking lot as I just pulled in. Got back in, used the app to complete the transaction (this takes a couple min to complete) as the app was finalizing the driver in the truck behind me who pulled up just after me started to harass my wife and I...(right at my drivers side window)"Can you hurry it up, my time is money...**#&(" He startled me and I accidentally closed the app so I left and went in the office to retrieve the paperwork. When I was walking back I see him at my truck again in a shouting match with my wife..so wish I wasn't so aggravated and reported him to his company..it was a moving company, not a tractor trailer, big box truck. Thinking he was stopped at a weigh station, was overweight, he was delayed and now he's in a hurry....I have been to this truck stop in the past several times and all the truckers are very pleasant..shame that you have to run into someone who just ruins your day.
..just had to vent
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
PhD, Common Sense

Being rudely asked to hurry up would actually slow me down.

Being politely asked would make me look for ways to put a move on.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:25 AM   #3

That is really unfortunate. I have weighed my entire setup twice and was lucky not to have anyone waiting. I really wanted to unhook and weigh the camper and tounge weight but was afraid the process would take too long at start a line at the scale.
Ron045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
That is really unfortunate. I have weighed my entire setup twice and was lucky not to have anyone waiting. I really wanted to unhook and weigh the camper and tounge weight but was afraid the process would take too long at start a line at the scale.

Don't do that on the scale- all changes should be done off of the scale.

You should park the camper at a truck spot and go back around with just the truck.

Here's the process:
http://learntorv.com/how-to-weigh-a-travel-trailer/
Old 08-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
Always Learning

kamper00, that sucks! Sorry to hear one idiot hassled you.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #6

Well, the good thing is I was able to get the camper and truck weighed, went home unloaded the camper and went back and weighed the truck w/o incident.
Fortunately the truck stop is only about 15 min from home so it was very convenient.

Plus it's always easy to say after the fact/incident "..I should have handled it like....
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:29 PM   #7

Seems there is always a "posterior orifice" among all the good peepz... The one described in the OP fits the description.

Never argue with drunks and idiots, as it will always be a race to the bottom.
Summit1 is offline   Reply With Quote