Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielabram71 View Post
Yes I know the 6.0 has issues. I am glad I had the car fax. It only shows alternator on the motor being replaced. And on the truck ball joints. That’s not bad for 233458 miles. IMO. Just hope it will last
The 6.0 still has a big following. I like them.
1953 GMC 9314
1982 GoldWing Interstate
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #22

Car fax will not show head bolts replaced w studs or injectors as my 07 had no history when I traded but had those repairs under warranty. I can’t imagine it showing alternator unless it was an insurance payment.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
Car fax will not show head bolts replaced w studs or injectors as my 07 had no history when I traded but had those repairs under warranty. I can’t imagine it showing alternator unless it was an insurance payment.
carfax is totally worthless for maintenance. Very few (outside of dealers) report any maintenance to them. Also once you know the vin of the car you can add maintenance to it yourself. IE joe bobs oil change did the service at this mileage. Even if they didnt do it, you can report to carfax they did.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:33 AM   #24

Never said the car fax said anything about head bolts. My nephew is a diesel mechanic and he went over it. All the maintenance was done at a dealership. Alternator was done there too. How ever I will post picture of it and upper and lower ball joints today. Any work done by a dealership will show you on a car fax
danielabram71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:52 AM   #25

This is from the car fax. It wasn’t a insurance claim Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	224053Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0400.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	224054
Old 02-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #26

Nice 6.0

Thats a nice truck and should have a lot of life left in it. My son is a pipeline welder, and a good friend of his and coworker has a 6.0 in a dually with a manual tranny running 37's and almost 3K of welder and gear in the back. He has had good luck with it!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #27

Quote:
All the maintenance was done at a dealership.
Dealership?
Give me the Vin # and I will add into carfax that it was "bulletproofed" just down the road at jim bobs bulletproofing service.
Only saying carfax has a purpose but using it to determine maintenance on a vehicle isnt one of them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gw.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	224059  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Dealership?
Give me the Vin # and I will add into carfax that it was "bulletproofed" just down the road at jim bobs bulletproofing service.
Only saying carfax has a purpose but using it to determine maintenance on a vehicle isnt one of them
Guy just got the truck, is happy with it and no one here has any reason to rain on his parade. Good lord. I look at the fact that it went in to the dealer to have the alternator and front end work done as a big plus, because I know many folks would just do that themselves. It shows me that if an issue popped up, it went and got fixed.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Guy just got the truck, is happy with it and no one here has any reason to rain on his parade. Good lord. I look at the fact that it went in to the dealer to have the alternator and front end work done as a big plus, because I know many folks would just do that themselves. It shows me that if an issue popped up, it went and got fixed.

Thanks very much for this. I was going to get on here and try to delete this post. I have the money to fix it whatever happens. I will do the maintenance on the truck as long as I have it. And I will make sure it runs the way it needs To and if a certified diesel mechanic has checked the truck out and said it was bulletproofed I could care less what anyone else has to say. I never said the bulletproof was on the car fax. I am very seriously thinking of doing away with my forest River acc on here. I thought a person could get on here and be happy and proud to show my purchase but guess not. And I don’t care if you have a ford or dodge or a Chevrolet gas or diesel they all break down. And all have good points and bad.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #30

Quote:
Dealership?
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks very much for this. I was going to get on here and try to delete this post. I have the money to fix it whatever happens. I will do the maintenance on the truck as long as I have it. And I will make sure it runs the way it needs To and if a certified diesel mechanic has checked the truck out and said it was bulletproofed I could care less what anyone else has to say. I never said the bulletproof was on the car fax. I am very seriously thinking of doing away with my forest River acc on here. I thought a person could get on here and be happy and proud to show my purchase but guess not. And I don’t care if you have a ford or dodge or a Chevrolet gas or diesel they all break down. And all have good points and bad.
x2. The fact is, nobody seems to be happy with other people's decisions on this forum.
1953 GMC 9314
1982 GoldWing Interstate
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #31

Quote:
Don't delete your account. Lots of good folks on here that mean well and are plenty helpful. Enjoy your truck.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #32

Quote:
My whole point had NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS TRUCK, good or bad. It didnt say it was a pos he will regret or the greatest thing ever.

My point was right in what you quoted.

I said dont count on carfax as an accurate reference of maintenance. Thats IT
Old 02-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #33

Quote:
My whole point had NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS TRUCK, good or bad. It didnt say it was a pos he will regret or the greatest thing ever.

My point was right in what you quoted.

I said dont count on carfax as an accurate reference of maintenance. Thats IT
He never said that was his only source as it was also looked over by a diesel mechanic, but you seemed stuck on the whole carfax point with a Smarty type response

" Dealership?
Give me the Vin # and I will add into carfax that it was "bulletproofed" just down the road at jim bobs bulletproofing service. "

He said it was bulletproofed not because of the carfax, but because it was looked into by someone certified to look into it.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #34
D W

I have no comments at all concerning the F250. However, I do wonder what entices someone to purchase a full size pickup with that 4.3 V6?
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:46 PM   #35

Quote:
He never said that was his only source as it was also looked over by a diesel mechanic, but you seemed stuck on the whole carfax point with a Smarty type response

" Dealership?
Give me the Vin # and I will add into carfax that it was "bulletproofed" just down the road at jim bobs bulletproofing service. "

He said it was bulletproofed not because of the carfax, but because it was looked into by someone certified to look into it.
You just cant figure this out can you?

Read real slow.

He says it been a great truck with very little wrong with it because the CARFAX and its been "bulletproofed"
Quote:
It only shows alternator on the motor being replaced. And on the truck ball joints. That’s not bad for 233458 miles. IMO.
Quote:
carfax is totally worthless for maintenance. Very few (outside of dealers) report any maintenance to them. Also once you know the vin of the car you can add maintenance to it yourself.
See how i mentioned nothing about his truck only that carfax is unreliable to use to track maintenance.They could have replaced the whole motor and put a new one it at 200k miles and it is likely not going to be on carfax. Also you can make up anything about repairs and put them into carfax yourself. They dont double check to prove anything was done.

Ie: my "Smarty response" where I showed the actual picture of the "DEALERSHIP" (his word) that did his ball joints (according to carfax). Also known as a gas station in bfn. Shows just how bad carfax is.

Maybe concentrate more on then post instead of reading what you want just so you can feed your white knight complex.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
I have no comments at all concerning the F250. However, I do wonder what entices someone to purchase a full size pickup with that 4.3 V6?

I had a TBI 4.3 in a 93 WT1500. I used that truck for my AC business so it was always overweight.
The first few months I had it I thought I was going to burn it up as hard as I had to run it with the load that was always on the truck.
It wasn't any worse for the wear, with 125,000 hard use miles on it when it met an early demise due to someone parking a crapbox next to it that spontaneously combusted.

It always got 17 MPG.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #37

I was a happy 6.0 owner. Mine had 168k when I traded it in. The only thing I had to replace was the FICM. I maintained it religiously, and ran completely stock other than a "turbo-back" exhaust system. Mine had healthy delta numbers between EOT, and ECT when I traded. I firmly believe that the 6.0 if left stock, and maintained is a great motor.

'17 F350 STX 6.7 CCSB
'15 Stealth 2313
stealthWA2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #38

X2

Quote:
Don't delete your account. Lots of good folks on here that mean well and are plenty helpful. Enjoy your truck.
Well said. Truth is I have felt the same way. This forum represents real life. Some people are just negative, some are positive. If you come to the forum often, you will learn who to trust and who to ignore. You will also learn to do your own research so you dont become victim of poor or misleading advise. The forum will help with ideas but you should really do some research yourself. Keep the forum a friendly place, besides, they have great jokes.

Bill

RockinH Bill
2019 Silverback 37RTH
2014 Shadow LQ 3 horse select
2015 Ram Laramie DRW
2012 Kaw Concours
Rockinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:38 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
The 2020 Harley Davidson F250 costs $111,000.
You made a good trade.
https://harleytruck.com/F-250/
For that price I would hope they would throw in the bike and the trailer to make it a matched set. One can hope
dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:38 AM   #40

Quote:
You just cant figure this out can you?

Read real slow.

He says it been a great truck with very little wrong with it because the CARFAX and its been "bulletproofed"

See how i mentioned nothing about his truck only that carfax is unreliable to use to track maintenance.They could have replaced the whole motor and put a new one it at 200k miles and it is likely not going to be on carfax. Also you can make up anything about repairs and put them into carfax yourself. They dont double check to prove anything was done.

Ie: my "Smarty response" where I showed the actual picture of the "DEALERSHIP" (his word) that did his ball joints (according to carfax). Also known as a gas station in bfn. Shows just how bad carfax is.

Maybe concentrate more on then post instead of reading what you want just so you can feed your white knight complex.

Again, Im sorry, this must have been some other SCOOB

" Dealership?