Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #21
Broken Toe

What about selling the 2021 and getting like a used 2005 3/4 ton? That way you are not stuck paying big $$$ monthly for a few time a year?

15 year old used gassers are relatively cheap (compared to newer diesels) right now and still will do a good job for you

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 09:17 AM   #22
KSH

I've rented from enterprise when I was in between trucks. No issues.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:45 PM   #23

I saw a guy with Ram 3500 dually from Enterprise pulling big boat few weeks ago.
GMCdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodGeek View Post
Enterprise Truck Rental Lakewood, CO:

I have rented a 3/4 F-250 from Enterprise in Lakewood. My F-150 had been totaled by a red-light runner. I told them I would be towing with it. Enterprise takes the hitch off their F-150s. The red-light runner's insurance paid it. I also had a friend who because of trailer sway on I80 in Illinois rented a F-250 from Enterprise.
Stevejfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:14 PM   #25
KnP

I see the reasoning on renting. If all is factored in, maintenance, insurance, payments if any, by renting one for few moves a years is cost effective. Is like a boat that you want to use 2 times a year. Save the hassle of storage, registration, maintenance, insurance, just rent one and forget about it.

Try asking other people for a favor. Perhaps some RVers might tow your camper for gas, food money and perhaps a tip for their troubles. I was trying to use my truck for hotshots. Turned out that if I want to do it as an income, I will need some Lics, Ins, Reg and a myrad of things... however, the DOT rules does not say anything about "favors" under 26,000LBS GVWR (truck+trailer weight combined).
Old 10-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #26

I had a seasonal site in 2018 and 2019. I upgraded from a hybrid to a travel trailer when I decided to go seasonal. The TT was too heavy for my 15-year old Durango to tow. The sales rep at the RV dealer gave me the name of a guy who towed things for them occasionally. It worked out well. He towed my TT to the campground in March & towed it back in December both years. Lucky for me, he was a really nice guy & I got to be friends with him & his wife. I initially thought about renting a truck to tow the TT, but after checking into fees, I found it was going to cost about as much (if not more) to rent a truck than it would cost to have the guy tow it for me - and then I would have to do the towing! Check with local RV dealers & see if they know of someone who can tow it for you.

Molly, my camping cockapoo, crossed the Rainbow Bridge in May 2020. She was almost 18. Still miss her.
My new companion is Maggie, a maltipoo. She was a year old in April.
AMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, tow vehicle