Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 06:37 PM   #81
Gold Tee Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
When I searched for a dually, I ran across that too. My local dealer could NOT find one. Even when/if they did find ONE within 250 miles, that dealer would not do a 'dealer trade'. They keep them for their farmer/rancher/etc customers.

That's what led me to Everett. They had about 25 in stock. The vie with Laurel in Illinois for top GMC dealer every year. Plus they will dicker.........I spent the day dickering and saved a zillion.

But they have them now in stock, and the 3500's appear cheaper than the 2500's.
Actually, it Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville, IL outside of St. Louis. But yes, they move a lot of vehicles (roughly 70 a day out the gate) with 20 sales staff. That is where I bought my 3/4 Duramax Denali.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtelkman View Post
I would have bought a F350 if I knew then what I know now. Since I didn't want to buy a new truck I just swapped in the extra rear leaf spring that is the only difference between a F250 and SRW F350 for my year truck. Shazam! Same as an F350 except for the badge on the side of the truck. If you think you need that marker on the side of the truck to make you feel safe from lawsuits go buy a new F350. I sleep easy knowing mine now has the same additional 1100 pounds of payload capacity as the F350 SRW.

The badge on the side isn’t the issue. It’s the certification sticker that’s the problem, that hasn’t changed. Do what you want, but being over the certified weight is over the certified weight no matter what parts you install.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #83

It is a very litigious society and that sticker may mean the difference between keeping and losing your home. Have you seen the gene pool in today's jury pool? The gene pool is pretty shallow.

BTW, I consider 9 pages of responses pretty good on a troll post but not as exciting as a topic as being in favor of dumping gray water in public lands.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
It is a very litigious society and that sticker may mean the difference between keeping and losing your home. Have you seen the gene pool in today's jury pool? The gene pool is pretty shallow.

BTW, I consider 9 pages of responses pretty good on a troll post but not as exciting as a topic as being in favor of dumping gray water in public lands.

You did this on purpose. You have lost my faith.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
The badge on the side isn’t the issue. It’s the certification sticker that’s the problem, that hasn’t changed. Do what you want, but being over the certified weight is over the certified weight no matter what parts you install.
Like I said, if it makes you feel better buy an F350. I will put my trust in a steel springpack instead of a little yellow sticker. It is the truck and its assembled parts that haul the weight, not the sticker.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:32 PM   #86

Quote:
Like I said, if it makes you feel better buy an F350. I will put my trust in a steel springpack instead of a little yellow sticker. It is the truck and its assembled parts that haul the weight, not the sticker.

Do you have a driver’s license? It’s just a piece of plastic, it’s doesn’t teach you how to drive so why have one?
Old 06-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #87

Quote:
Do you have a driver’s license? It’s just a piece of plastic, it’s doesn’t teach you how to drive so why have one?
Ooh wait, my tires are a different size than are what is listed on the sticker! Maybe a lawyer will take my house because I have the wrong size tires per the "certification" sticker.
Lets not stop there, what about any aftermarket parts like lightbulbs, spoilers, engine tuners, aftermarket wheels, aftermarket engine parts, custom bumpers and grills, etc. etc.? If it isn't stock does that mean the lawyers are gonna get me? Try and tell that to the owners of tens of thousands of modified cars and trucks in this country. As far as I can tell we haven't been having a rash of people getting sued because little Timmy lowered his rice burner, added a tuner, and then got in a wreck.
Your argument is weak and meaningless. A drivers license is mandated by state law. A vehicles equipment and the little sticker is not law unless I am commercial.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #88

Quote:
Ooh wait, my tires are a different size than are what is listed on the sticker! Maybe a lawyer will take my house because I have the wrong size tires per the "certification" sticker.
Lets not stop there, what about any aftermarket parts like lightbulbs, spoilers, engine tuners, aftermarket wheels, aftermarket engine parts, custom bumpers and grills, etc. etc.? If it isn't stock does that mean the lawyers are gonna get me? Try and tell that to the owners of tens of thousands of modified cars and trucks in this country. As far as I can tell we haven't been having a rash of people getting sued because little Timmy lowered his rice burner, added a tuner, and then got in a wreck.
Your argument is weak and meaningless. A drivers license is mandated by state law. A vehicles equipment and the little sticker is not law unless I am commercial.
You are correct! Every person out there that has changed tire and/or wheel size is in violation of the FMVSS cert.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #89
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Cracks me up when people say there is only a $600-1000 price difference between a 3/4 and 1-ton!

When I bought my 2015 Chevy 2500HD in August of 2014 in Denver, Colorado the price was closer to $8000 difference!

Of course...that was before the dickering and dealing began!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:35 PM   #90

Quote:
The slide-in camper chart does not include any slide-in camper weight because slide-in campers weigh a bunch of different weights depending on size, you read "MAXIMUM CARGO WEIGHT WITH SLIDE-IN CAMPER" and took that to mean remaining payload after installing a slide-in camper, or at least that's what it sounds like you're saying, and that is not the case. The chart shows actual payload capacity available for a slide-in camper, the other charts show GVWR/GCWR/tow capacity but not payload which is why the slide-in camper chart is used to determine approximate payload capacity.
That isn't what I am saying. How could any number from any chart include the camper weight. They meant maximum cargo weight with camper option code.... 471 for Super Duty.

You wrote that the F250 diesel 4x4 could have a maximum payload of 1836#, which is 750# below the actual 2586# it could have. Why Ford states it this way, I don't know, but they figure a passenger is 150#and 5 would be 750# and calculate that into the equation when a truck gets the camper code. I went to more than one Ford dealer and their salesmen didn't know how this "works". I'm sure a higher volume dealer with an actual truck ordering person would know.

Same for the 350. Ford shows with the camper code 3117# maximum payload when it is actually 750# higher at 3867#.

So about the price difference F250 to F350... Base price the 250 is $51,065 and the 350 is 52,610. Difference $1,545.

I'm looking at two actual window stickers... 2018 F250 Lariat diesel 4x4 CCSB $67,220... 2018 F350 lariat diesel 4x4 CCSB $67,340. The 250 has more options, some of which might be standard on the 350. Can you believe this prices?
ww

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
Old 06-25-2018, 08:37 PM   #91

Why even bother with a 3/4 ton truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
That isn't what I am saying. How could any number from any chart include the camper weight. They meant maximum cargo weight with camper option code.... 471 for Super Duty.

You wrote that the F250 diesel 4x4 could have a maximum payload of 1836#, which is 750# below the actual 2586# it could have. Why Ford states it this way, I don't know, but they figure a passenger is 150#and 5 would be 750# and calculate that into the equation when a truck gets the camper code. I went to more than one Ford dealer and their salesmen didn't know how this "works". I'm sure a higher volume dealer with an actual truck ordering person would know.

Same for the 350. Ford shows with the camper code 3117# maximum payload when it is actually 750# higher at 3867#.

ww

Yes, I already covered that in a previous post. [emoji41] It’s still a valid comparison showing the DIFFERENCE between F250 and F350 payload capacities for the same truck config.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetime View Post
Actually, it Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville, IL outside of St. Louis. But yes, they move a lot of vehicles (roughly 70 a day out the gate) with 20 sales staff. That is where I bought my 3/4 Duramax Denali.
I knew that. Spell check got me!

Everett has over 3,000 vehicles in stock. And that's in Arkansas!!!

And as I posted earlier, many 3500's are cheaper than most of the 2500's.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 06-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #93
Site Team

Quote:

This thread is closed.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Old 06-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #94
Site Team

Quote:

This is a blatant site guideline violation:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

Thread is being closed permanently. DO NOT try this again.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
truck