Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto View Post
My two cents...

A red flag went up in my mind due to your statement above.

The WDH is meant to distribute tongue weight equally between the front and rear axles of the TV. They are not meant to level the TV. That is one of the reasons airbags would be used for; leveling. Before hooking up, measure from the top of your front and rear wheel wells down to ground vertically through the center of the wheel/axle. Then hook up. Re-measure without the bars installed. Now install the bars and measure again. Adjust the bars until you have an EQUAL amount of drop over the front and rear axle. To me it sounds that you may have adjusted your bars to put too much weight on the front axle.

Just my two cents.
Been following this thread closely and Makoto's method above is spot on to what I have read and heard elsewhere, but add in air bags and my confusion starts.

Question to the collective. At what point is air added to the airbags and what determines the correct amount?

Also, upon buying our 2012 RAM 1500 the dealer added Firestone air bags and told us to never fill them more than 30 PSI ??? I see here mention of up to 60 PSI.

Oh, and BTW. First post here so hello all !!!
a99flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
I thought all the information I gave in the first post of this thread would be enough?
Sorry Carrier.... Just a general statement on my part, not necessarily directed at any one individual.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Sorry Carrier.... Just a general statement on my part, not necessarily directed at any one individual.

Sounds good.
Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bags