Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #1

Yet another scale thread

Recently purchased a 2500 Ram, traded in my 1500, the 1500 just wasn't cutting it.

Took my truck across local Cat scale, mostly out of curiosity as it tows TT just fine and to confirm my setup. Below are the results, DW and I all loaded up ready to go camping for a long weekend.

Truck
Front Axle: 5,040
Rear Axle: 3,580
Total: 8,620

Truck\Camper WDH not connected
Front Axle: 4,560
Rear Axle: 5,180
TT: 6,280
Total: 16,020

Truck\Camper WDH connected
Front Axle: 4,720
Rear Axle: 5,000
TT: 6,300
Total: 16,020

DW was pleasantly surprised the WDH moved 180 pounds onto the front axle, she learned something new and how a WDH works. The difference in height on the front wheel well opening with the hitch engaged is little less than 1/4, not bad.
Is a WDH needed on a 3/4 ton, I believe so and in my mind the results speak for themselves. Anybody have any constructive comments or thoughts please share them, always open to better way. My WDH is an equalizer hitch with 1,000 lb bars even though my hitch weight is 1,100 pds I'm not to worried about hitch bars.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is offline   Reply With Quote