Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #1

Adjusting accuslide on a new Charleston

I bought a new Charleston two weeks ago in Tampa at LazyDays. Drove it home to Aberdeen MD. I noticed that the big slide (refrig, dinette, etc) wasn't closing on the top. Had about a 2 inch gap. I read the threads and decided, even though it's under warranty, that I'd adjust it myself. Lots of people say that it's hard to find a technician that can adjust the cables correctly and I wanted to learn how to do it anyway. So I DL'd the service manual and got some advice from RF and tackled the job. Now here is the interesting thing I found out. The manual tells you which cables to adjust for the top/bottom for both in and out. So I took up ALL the adjustment for the "in" at the top. I did do the other part about putting some slack in the opposing cables. Anyway, it made no difference. The top was still out about 2 inches. I sat and thought about it and then decided that the top wasn't the problem, maybe the bottom was coming in first and not allowing the top to close. So I went out and loosened the bottom cables and that fixed it. I'm passing this along because no where in the manual does it tell you that this may be the problem. Just some FYI...
jberndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #2

Did you leave slack in the cables when done? The last thing you want is to snap a cable. Also as it is going to happen sometime you might want to view the cable replacement video accuslide has on their web site and carry a spare cable. You can get them on AMAZON for about $30.

Now ask me how I know this.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #3

Well, I'm surprised that big slide would use the cable system! My only cable system slide is a small one in the bedroom, the wardrobe.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #4

The 2 bigger front slides are more of a "hybrid" system...primarily hydraulic (Equalizer), but they use the cable system to help keep things moving in sync.
Half-Of-Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #5

Wonder what year it is with cables on big slide? Mine is 2015. No cables on big slide, only cable slide is sofa an kitchen sink side
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charleston, slide