Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #1

Charleston TV Connection

I purchased a 2009 Charleston last spring. We had the half bath removed and a wheelchair lift installed to accommodate my husband. So far, we love the rig -- but -- during a recent trip, I discovered that the cable TV connection does not work. I'm not sure about the satellite because I've not signed up for that at this point. the rig came with a DVD player and three TVs. It also has a "black box" that allows one to watch each TV independently. (Technical, I'm not). The TV does work when using the antennae. Anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve it?
Papillonlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillonlovers
I purchased a 2009 Charleston last spring. We had the half bath removed and a wheelchair lift installed to accommodate my husband. So far, we love the rig -- but -- during a recent trip, I discovered that the cable TV connection does not work. I'm not sure about the satellite because I've not signed up for that at this point. the rig came with a DVD player and three TVs. It also has a "black box" that allows one to watch each TV independently. (Technical, I'm not). The TV does work when using the antennae. Anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions on how to resolve it?
I also have a tv problem my tv in my charleston does not turn on
Mcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #3

Red face TV Connection

I spoke with Forest River's warranty department. They suggested that (1) I check the cable connection at the back of the rig or (2) I check the cable connection at the front of the passenger-side slideout. Apparently the cable connections will work their way loose. I haven't been able to check that out yet because my rig is in storage and the batteries are, of course, out. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sounds like you have a power source problem so I don't know that the above will help out much but thought I would let you know.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #4

We resolved the problem with the cable connection. The existing setup is focused on the satellite receiver. To overcome the problem, we ran a cable from the cable / antenna outlet (located in the upper front cabinet above the passenger seat) directly to the back of the television mounted at the front of the coach (above the front driver and passenger captain's chairs). As the television only has one cable input, this necessitated unscrewing the cable for the satellite. As I don't want to use the satellite, that worked for us. If one wanted both for some reason, a splitter may fix that problem.

Anyway, we have run across other Forest River motorhome owners with the same complaint so wanted to post the fix.

Don't forget that you have to go to the "setup" box on the television to direct the television to a cable or antenna setting and then search for channels. The channel search needs to be done at each new location.

Tags
charleston