Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #1

Front Wheel Bearing

Here is a surprise, was setting my tire air pressures after being weighed and decided to try and look at my front bearing which are lubed with 80/90 oil. Front right was fine after I got the center cover off the wheel but the front left was empty, nada, nothing.
Oh I only have put 400 miles on this unit. Had 1200 from dealer. Called Frightliner support, they said to get some oil and fill it back up. Did that and next morning the oil was all over the ground. Going to leave camp a day early to get it to the Freightliner service center Monday morning. Only 35 miles to home and another 20 miles to shop in Tulsa. Will add oil before any travel. Service said the about a week behind. So no Branson next week. Will see how they do at getting it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #2

Freightliner in Tulsa did a great job of fixing it, just the seal was bad, bearings were all good so had some oil in it.
The shop is very busy and has no place to park your RV, so talked to the tech and he had me bring it on Friday at 0630 so he could fix it while I waited. I checked with him about doing the annual maintenance and he said to call him direct and could do the same, come in early and wait. Sounds good to me. Had not found anyplace that wanted to work on an RV with a rear radiator. He even wore blue booties to cover his shoes when he was in the coach.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wheel