Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Large Slide issue on new 2016 Charleston RB

I just purchased a new 2016 Charleston. Picked it up a week ago and today it is back at the factory. The large slide is not aligned correctly or installed correctly. It actually gouged the tile floor in several spots. The slide was sliding directly on the floor. The factory seems very upfront and I believe they will get if fixed correctly. I am just wondering if anyone else has had any slide issues, in particular to the RB large slide Charleston.
FREE_AS_A_BIRD_NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #2

Same coach big slide scuff floor tile,seen other coaches different brand do the same. Curious, what sati lite came on roof? Does your shower door leak ? Curious again, under kitchen slide are there skid plates for the rollers to roll on ? Mine came with one at the back. Also look to see if your wash machine has hold down brackets on front legs, mine did not.
Let's us know how it goes, thanks
Just a throw out, looks like new Berkshire going to front of the line, side radiator plus other goodies, really!
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #3

Charleston

Coach is at the Factory in Elkhart. They are re-tiling and fixing the slide. We only had it for a week before taking it back. They do seem concerned to want to fix it! Time will tell... I pick it up next week. We have not used the shower yet - so I will check that out next week as well. I did look at the washer and dryer, just by curiosity, and they are bracketed in. I will study the kitchen slide when I get it back.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE_AS_A_BIRD_NOW View Post
Coach is at the Factory in Elkhart. They are re-tiling and fixing the slide. We only had it for a week before taking it back. They do seem concerned to want to fix it! Time will tell... I pick it up next week. We have not used the shower yet - so I will check that out next week as well. I did look at the washer and dryer, just by curiosity, and they are bracketed in. I will study the kitchen slide when I get it back.

Us Berkshire have always been in the front of the line. LOL. Well in our mind anyway. I have been told on very good authority that the Charleston is getting a huge overhaul. New front and rear cap. AquaHot all electric MH. All appointments are getting an upgrade.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #5

They didn't mention an upgrade - but they said it would come back "better than new" although it was actually new with only 97 miles on it when we picked it up last week. It did just come of the assembly line in mid September - so an upgrade?? But if you have it on good authority - then lets see what happens!! Thanks for the input! Barry
Old 10-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #6

The upgrades I was talking about they said would be for 2017.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #7

I like looks of our 2015. Front an back,what I would like to see is bus mirrors gone,girard tankless keeps getting better with use, Aqua hot nice,sure but very expensive, so know doubt price points on both units going sky high. I guess FR sees it as go big or go home.
Please please put the darn def tank where it belongs, drivers side. We love what we have,an it sure looks good under a palm tree..
Be safe out there
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:12 PM   #8

Back to the factory

My 2015 430 RB will be back to the factory soon. Several major issues and a lot of minor. I would like to hear from others just what to expect. We love the coach and I remain hopeful our issues will be taken care of. Thanks in advance.
frodmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodmiller View Post
My 2015 430 RB will be back to the factory soon. Several major issues and a lot of minor. I would like to hear from others just what to expect. We love the coach and I remain hopeful our issues will be taken care of. Thanks in advance.

Can't say enough good things about the team in Elkhart. Randy, Andy and the craftsmen are fantastic.

Paul
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charleston, slide