Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #1

Successful Trip and two issues resolved...

Just returned from a 1,600 mile trip to Florida. Coach has just over 30K miles now.....

The generator issue is resolved....it would randomly shut down with a low oil pressure warning. I did what Powertech suggested....new oil and fuel filters, new fuel pump, change oil, new sensor....nothing worked......switched to Mobile 1 synthetic 15-50 oil......the darn thing works perfect now! Ran minimum of 8 hours on the 4 days of driving, no issues......apparently the synthetic oil does not break down when it gets hot, the dino oil was, causing the low oil warning......

The air bag issue did not return this trip...

I called Freightliner, who explained to me how the system works. There is a relay just behind the generator, this relay gets signals from the chassis to dump and or fill the air for the ride. There are buttons on there to manually do it if you crawl underneath...they highly recommend you do NOT do this, as you may get squashed.....He said the best bet is when using the leveling jacks, put them up TWICE.....so I did that, never had another issue.....

Man I wish I could just stay on the road!
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:32 PM   #2

That's good to hear. Sounds like a great trip and it's nice when you get issues resolved. I will remember the oil trick as I think the 09 Charleston and the Berkshire have the same Gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote