Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #1

2010 Texas State Fair

I am looking for an RV park close to the State Fair in Dallas Texas. Has anyone gone and stayed close by.
texasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #2

Well I guess that really depends on what you want to call close.

If you google "RV parks DFW" you'll come up with a few.

Destiny in Denton
SandyLake in Carrollton

These are probably the closest to Dallas you are gonna get.

And The RV Ranch South of Ft. Worth is probably one of the nicer ones.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #3

Have you checked about camping at the fairgrounds? I know in Indiana they have places you can camp in the fairgrounds or check and see where they park trailer usually you can park there and use a generator thats what we do cause my daughter shows a horse and we like to stay there so we can feed and check on the horse. Just a thought.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Infractee

Sandylake in carrolton is probably about as close as you would want to be to the fair park area, the area right around fair park is not in the most desirable part of dallas, if you look at it on the map you may notice that MLK Blvd is the main drag in front of the park.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Sandylake in carrolton is probably about as close as you would want to be to the fair park area, the area right around fair park is not in the most desirable part of dallas, if you look at it on the map you may notice that MLK Blvd is the main drag in front of the park.
I grew up around lovley dallas, the name on a street should not be used as a guide to the danger level of an area. even though that part of town is not as friendly as others.
14 mile radius around fair park is basically a war zone
of drugs, shootings and robbery. However, let that not deter you
dallas has many safe areas to stay and see the fair
you may look at some in lake dallas area (north of dallas) and only a short ride to the fair or a better yet a park and ride spot. they have trains that go right to the parks entrance, and you can park and stay in a nicer area out side of big "D"
Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 AM   #6
Infractee

Powerboater, in all deference to you as a senior member of the forum and super moderator, I currently live just north of Fort Worth, I know what the area around fair park is like, me pointing out the name of the main drag by the park was only for the purpose of letting a person know about the immediate area in a tactful way.
As for a 14 mile radius.... You may be a bit off on that, I do believe the areas of lower greenville, the west end, parc cities, lovers, and oh yeah, the neighborhood where the most recent ex president of the U.S. Happens to live, highland parkwill all probably have something to say about the warzone tag...

Also, lake dallas is several miles north of carrolton, even further away from fair park
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Powerboater, in all deference to you as a senior member of the forum and super moderator, I currently live just north of Fort Worth, I know what the area around fair park is like, me pointing out the name of the main drag by the park was only for the purpose of letting a person know about the immediate area in a tactful way.
As for a 14 mile radius.... You may be a bit off on that, I do believe the areas of lower greenville, the west end, parc cities, lovers, and oh yeah, the neighborhood where the most recent ex president of the U.S. Happens to live, highland parkwill all probably have something to say about the warzone tag...

Also, lake dallas is several miles north of carrolton, even further away from fair park
I sit corrected, i appreciate the tactfulness.
park cities i forgot to include as very nice places, i think its because dallas has grown so large that i simply left it out. my in-laws will flog me if they see i tagged em a warzone its so hard now days to see where dallas starts and stops
I used to run around white rock lake back in the day, before the weirdos
bit still with the ghost. I never considered that area as unsafe as a kid
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote