Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #1

AirVenture Air show - Oshkosh, WI July 25-31, 2011

I have been looking at heading to a great air show in July 2011 outside Oshkosh WI. (3000 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh, WI 54902)

We ahve never travelled up in that are and was wondering if anyone had some great campgrounds they would like to share with us.

Even though the show is west of Lake Winebego we would like to hear from other who live in Wisconsin to tell us about other areas we should visit and consider for the month of July.
Thanks
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #2

If you have never been there and you have any interest in aviation at all you will love it! Last time I was there I stayed here: Indian Trails Campground It is not that close but we wanted to stay somewhere west of the show as home is Minnesnowta. We did little more than sleep there but I remember it being a nice place. The other time I went there I stayed here: Your Page Title It is closer but we did not like the campground much. It had little grass and was very dusty and sandy. There was a bar on site which we were parked very close to and the country western was played very loudly until 1 am after which many inebriated campers loudly staggared to their campers. This was about 7 years ago and looking at the pictures on their website it looks like they have made some improvements. Maybe there is someone here who has stayed there recently.
Hope you make it to the show - Maybe I'll see you there!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by backin15 View Post
If you have never been there and you have any interest in aviation at all you will love it! Last time I was there I stayed here: Indian Trails Campground It is not that close but we wanted to stay somewhere west of the show as home is Minnesnowta. We did little more than sleep there but I remember it being a nice place. The other time I went there I stayed here: Your Page Title It is closer but we did not like the campground much. It had little grass and was very dusty and sandy. There was a bar on site which we were parked very close to and the country western was played very loudly until 1 am after which many inebriated campers loudly staggared to their campers. This was about 7 years ago and looking at the pictures on their website it looks like they have made some improvements. Maybe there is someone here who has stayed there recently.
Hope you make it to the show - Maybe I'll see you there!
Thanks. That place look a really nice and fun campground around a lake.
I have both maked in my favorites for future use.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #4

I've always wanted to go. As a pilot its paramount to a Harley owner going to Sturgis or Jeeper's going to Moab. I would bet though that if you don't think about making some reservations for a campground (like right now) there may be limited availability. I'm sure they book a year out for such a huge event. I know that you have to book a year out for a camp site in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote