Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2022, 07:38 AM   #1

Campgrounds/RV Resorts with shooting sports.

I enjoy shooting sports, sporting clays in particular, and have started seeing a few places located close to or on shooting sports facilities.

Has anyone ever seen a list of campgrounds or rv resorts with shooting sports facilities, or have any recommendations for places to check out?

TIA!
GnKnTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #2

Cardinal Center in Marengo, Ohio. Just northeast of Columbus. Great campground, and has a huge shooting range for trap and clays.
My only beef was it's close to I-71 and some sites have a lot of traffic noise.
1100mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 09:12 AM   #3

I’ve stayed at Thor Elite Firing Range and Gun Club in Van Buren Arkansas. I don’t believe they had any clay ranges but the pistol and rifle bays were fantastic. They are a Harvest Host but also have sites with water and electric.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:24 AM   #4

Silver Dollar in Florida
Trap shooting and golf RV resort.... driven past it many times but know nothing about it
other than you have to drive nice otherwise ... you get hit by both sides.

https://silverdollartrap.com/
https://www.rvonthego.com/florida/si...tory%20Listing

PS.... Florida is full no Texicans allowed
Old 11-18-2022, 10:31 AM   #5

Check out the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta, IL. It's a very large complex with hundreds of RV sites, many with full hookups.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 11:08 AM   #6

If you get over Nevada way, here's one near Las Vegas:
https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/govern...plex/index.php
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 01:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
Silver Dollar in Florida
Trap shooting and golf RV resort.... driven past it many times but know nothing about it
other than you have to drive nice otherwise ... you get hit by both sides.

https://silverdollartrap.com/
https://www.rvonthego.com/florida/si...tory%20Listing

PS.... Florida is full no Texicans allowed
Thanks! My daughter and grandkids live in Crestview, and I own a condo at Destin, so since I have blood in the state, and own property, I hope you’ll make an exception! Oh, and my GSP’s have two puppies living there, one in Chiefton and one in Gainsville…so even my pups have blood relatives there!!! LOL!!! ��
Old 11-18-2022, 01:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Check out the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta, IL. It's a very large complex with hundreds of RV sites, many with full hookups.
I’ve actually shoot competition there a couple of times…and after looking at the website that’s what got me thinking!

I know the National Association Complex in San Antonio has spaces, as do a lot of sporting clay clubs…but only available first come first served during registered shoots.
Old 11-18-2022, 01:45 PM   #9

you bring the steer ... I'll bring the beer

-------------------------------------------------

never been much of a gun person but wifey just got her CW permit
so we went with some friends... to a range.

He had a 44 magnum go ahead make my day..... big revolver!

go on...... have a try he said.
yeah ... well OK...

do you know how much powder burns you get when you hold that sucker incorrectly. Stung for 2 weeks too
Old 11-18-2022, 01:54 PM   #10

Quote:
you bring the steer ... I'll bring the beer

-------------------------------------------------

never been much of a gun person but wifey just got her CW permit
so we went with some friends... to a range.

He had a 44 magnum go ahead make my day..... big revolver!

go on...... have a try he said.
yeah ... well OK...

do you know how much powder burns you get when you hold that sucker incorrectly. Stung for 2 weeks too
I’ve had permits in multiple states…as well as LE credentials…for 35+years. Yeah, I’ve seen what powder burns can do. Surprised he didn’t give you some pointers on how to hold it properly and why before letting you shoot it!
Old 11-18-2022, 01:56 PM   #11

he did + watched my first few

I goofed after he was helping Mrs Aussieguy
Old 11-18-2022, 02:31 PM   #12

Quote:
he did + watched my first few

I goofed after he was helping Mrs Aussieguy
‘Goofs’ with firearms get people killed…
Old 11-18-2022, 03:40 PM   #13

BreezyOaks is one of several campgrounds in Bushnell Florida which is only 12 minute drive from Blackjack Sporting clays
Blackjacks usually have a state shoot in February I think, but as you probably know these commercial shooting venues cost more than a private club. (its around 50c per round including cart, with no free pulls to view birds)

I love Sporting clay's but luckily my wife prefers trap, which is only 20c per bird at our members only club range we joined.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
BreezyOaks is one of several campgrounds in Bushnell Florida which is only 12 minute drive from Blackjack Sporting clays
Blackjacks usually have a state shoot in February I think, but as you probably know these commercial shooting venues cost more than a private club. (its around 50c per round including cart, with no free pulls to view birds)

I love Sporting clay's but luckily my wife prefers trap, which is only 20c per bird at our members only club range we joined.
The club I’m a member of is .25 a shot for clays, trap or skeet. Voice activation on skeet and trap and one of the three sporting clay courses.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:41 PM   #15

Ben Avery

Ben Avery Shooting Complex in Phoenix. 3 Campgrounds on site from primitive to full service. Reasonable rates (used to be cheap but then the non-shooting public found it). They have one of the finest sporting clays facilities in the USA. Their annual order of clays is 6 million with a reserve of 3 million more. 15 ranges in total. The 1000 yard range has the new $400K Berger building. Dillon use it as a test range. That's fun. The Main Range has 62 shooting tables and goes from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM. My spotter (wife) and I have done the Camp Host thing there. If you would like to know more just ask.

Paul

2023 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502KS
2012 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel
2plus1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 05:54 PM   #16

Kansas City Trap shooters Association next to Camp Branch Campground at Smithville Lake near Smithville, MO.
Sunseeker16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2plus1 View Post
Ben Avery Shooting Complex in Phoenix. 3 Campgrounds on site from primitive to full service. Reasonable rates (used to be cheap but then the non-shooting public found it). They have one of the finest sporting clays facilities in the USA. Their annual order of clays is 6 million with a reserve of 3 million more. 15 ranges in total. The 1000 yard range has the new $400K Berger building. Dillon use it as a test range. That's fun. The Main Range has 62 shooting tables and goes from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM. My spotter (wife) and I have done the Camp Host thing there. If you would like to know more just ask.

Paul
Wow…thanks! We’re heading to Arizona for 3 weeks in January, will have to add that one to the stay and play list!
Old 11-18-2022, 07:18 PM   #18

There's a great range in Northern NM just out of Raton.

The NRA Whittington Center.

Two RV Campgrounds, one 30 amp and other 50 amp, both with FHU. Also WiFi and OTA TV.

More "Boondocking with hookups" as sites arent paved but to make up for it the wildlife is beautiful. Deer and Wild Turkeys wander through as if they own the place.

30,000 plus acres with over a dozen ranges for handgun, high-power rifle, shotgun, and for the long range challenge they have a steel buffalo target at 1025 meters.

Lots to do for those family members who don't shoot and campgrounds are far enough away from ranges the noise is barely noticed.

Also, currebt and former military, and I believe law enforcement as well shoot free.

I've gone there 3 times in the last four years and found camping fees to be very reasonable with 30 amp cg ~$35 and 50 amp ~$40.

Here's their website and if you look on their camping and lodging page you'll see some pic's that show their landscape.

The facility sits astride the old Santa Fe Trail.

nrawc.org

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
There's a great range in Northern NM just out of Raton.

The NRA Whittington Center.

Two RV Campgrounds, one 30 amp and other 50 amp, both with FHU. Also WiFi and OTA TV.

More "Boondocking with hookups" as sites arent paved but to make up for it the wildlife is beautiful. Deer and Wild Turkeys wander through as if they own the place.

30,000 plus acres with over a dozen ranges for handgun, high-power rifle, shotgun, and for the long range challenge they have a steel buffalo target at 1025 meters.

Lots to do for those family members who don't shoot and campgrounds are far enough away from ranges the noise is barely noticed.

Also, currebt and former military, and I believe law enforcement as well shoot free.

I've gone there 3 times in the last four years and found camping fees to be very reasonable with 30 amp cg ~$35 and 50 amp ~$40.

Here's their website and if you look on their camping and lodging page you'll see some pic's that show their landscape.

The facility sits astride the old Santa Fe Trail.

nrawc.org

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Another to add to the list. Looks like I’ll need to pack my Grand National M1a so I can play reaching out and touching targets at 1000 yards plus! My Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle is great out to 500, past that the scout scope is useless and the open sites are a guess!
Old 11-18-2022, 08:11 PM   #20

Ben Avery

Greg, you're welcome. Here is a link to the range.

https://www.azgfd.com/shooting/basf/

It is owned and operated by the Arizona Game and Fish Department. It is said to be the busiest facility in the States. As I said, 62 tables and there is a waiting list by 9:30 most days. They are host to many organizations and it would be very wise to make camping reservations starting now. The CAS are there for ten days and take up the campground and then the NMLRA (Muzzleloaders) are there for ten days and so on.

Paul

2023 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S
2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2502KS
2012 Ram 2500 6.7L Diesel
2plus1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground, mpg, sport