Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 08:16 AM   #1

Cedron Creek Park, Whitney Lake, Tx... W/ Pics!

Welp, we did our annual camp at Cedron Creek park. It is our favorite army corps of engineers campground on lake whitney! We like it so much so that we got married at this park 2 years ago today!! If you ever get a chance to go camping on Lake Whitney, I highly suggest this park!! It has great shade, beautiful views of the lake, lots of deer roaming around, and is very well kept! We had 9 camp sites in our group, we stayed back in the area around campsite 24 (our campsite, and the best one in the hole park!!). It is a great summer park, the breeze off the lake feels awesome, yet you have a natural canopy from the trees!

Thursday when we go to the campground! Was a bitter sweet, we were camping, but I still had to work Friday...lol

One of my best friends used our popup. This popup has turned into a loaner unit that I really need to sell...lol

Friday I took my nephew for a walk down to the lake and it looked like it was going to storm, but it didn't:

Saturday we went fishing off of the bank at the park. About the time we were ready to give up the fish finally started biting. That water felt soo good, it's definitely about ready for some swimming!!

I caught a couple of these little guys, even though I was using my catfish setup..lol..

My dad caught a nice little bass,

Old 04-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #2

CONTINUED (had to post, too many pictures for one post)

Then the big storms rolled in Saturday around 7:30 or 8.... Scared all the little kids. I put the awning out just enough were I could go from our pavilion to our camper without getting drenched... I stayed outside during the storm, it was relaxing and pretty seeing the lightning and the big wall cloud was amazing!

My wife took this pic from inside the camper, to keep my daughter distracted they made cookies and watched a movie during the storm.

My little fire was trying to stay alive, it almost died, but we brought it back to life after the storm passed!

Then of course, there is always the sad part about camping! LEAVING...lol I snugged another link out of my WDH chains and man did it make my truck ride like it had nothing behind it....

Old 04-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #3

Have a group of friends in 3 TT that will be staying at Lake Whitney State Park in few weeks. We won't be able to go because we are still trying to find the right truck. This looks like a great and definitely one I'll tell them to check out when they're there.

Your pictures sure make me sad about not being able to go with them. Glad you had such a great time and weathered that storm so well.
scootingranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:29 AM   #4

That's a lovely camping trip, cookies in the rain sounds wonderful! We'll definitely check it out this summer, on your recommendation.
Will you be going to the Frog Roundup rally in Kerrville this year? We couldn't take the week off work, but did book Friday/Sat.

The Bunkhouse! 2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
!
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #5

Thank y'all. It was a great time! If you go, try to get campsite 24 or one of it's surrounding campsites! You wont be disappointed!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #6

DFW Rusty,
The DW and I camped there about a month ago and had a great time. We are going back in little while. Very friendly staff and a nice park. It was still cool(40's) and we cooked on the grill. Had a big fire and enjoyed it a lot.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #7

Thanks for sharing all your camping pictures. It looks like a great park. Hope to travel to Texas one day & check out Lubbock. - Maris Lubbock
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #8

Thank You. Will be going to Tx next year great pic's.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote