Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #1
Wildcat 375MC

Corpus Christi

Hello all,

Looking to spend a few days in Chorpus on our way home from Mission. Was considering Greyhound RV Park, as it looks to be not far off 37. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thank You.

Lee
leemar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:23 PM   #2

We have reservations at Padre Balli next month. County owned park next to beach. Have never camped there. Looks nice, supposed to be renovated with concrete pads full hook ups.
okie dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #3

The RV campgrounds on Corpus are well described and commented in RV Life and RV Parky. Some were rebuilt after hurricane damage. I would share ours but it has probably all changed since we were there. Beach camping may or may not be available now.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #4

I would not go near the Greyhound RV perk, it is ugly with petro industry to look at. Try the beach RV parkas suggested above. It is near IH 37 though.
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:19 AM   #5
Wildcat 375MC

Well, thanks for your guidance here, decided on Hatch RV for our short stay. WOW, is Corpus tore up, never seen so much construction in one area like there is here. The park is old, 1933 I believe, and yes, you are in the middle of big oil industry, lots of permanant campers here working at the refinery and construction jobs. We are close to what we wanted to see, USS Lexington, ten minutes to the beach and restaurants. The park is not bad, needs some upgrading and some TLC, as my wife says, but is big rig friendly, nice people running the place. Laundy was clean , pool needed attending to, lots of trees around so yeah, never ending I'll bet.
Headed north in the morning, Thanks again.

Lee & Marcia
Old 04-24-2021, 12:45 PM   #6

Lee & Marcia

did you all enjoy your visit to Corpus Christi? we are planning trip to Texas next March/April to Hill Country and thought we would go to Corpus Christi area for a few days. Did you visit any beaches?

Wayne & Vickie
wnewman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 01:08 PM   #7

Corpus Christi rv parks are few and far between. We lived in Corpus in the 1980's and still spend time in the area because the DW's brother lives here.

My advice to you folks is do a campground search on your favorite website an look at the parks on Mustang Island in Port Aransas or across the free ferry in Aransas Pass or Rock Port. Some very nice parks but if you like some or one book now for next spring to reserve.
It's never too early to nail a site down in this area.

Just a friendly tip from Uncle Dave .
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:19 AM   #8
Wildcat 375MC

We did enjoy our time in Corpus, lots to see and places to go.
I'm an old sailor, stopped by to see the Lex, which is the same class ship as the carrier I was on.
We did the circle, going to Mustang Island from the south, up tp Port Aransas, cross on the ferry and into Rockport. Port Aransas is the vacation spot there, IMO, reminds me of South Padre Island.
Yes, I'd take Volvodriver's advice and stay on Mustang, Port Aransas or Rockport. some very nice parks, as viewed from drive by anyway.
I won't say stay away from the downtown parks, I believe there are three of them, just know that there are nicer areas to camp.
The drive south on the downtown beach, as I call it, is a very scenic drive, nice beaches and beautiful houses, good places to eat.
Enjoy Corpus, We did.

Lee & Marcia
Old 05-04-2021, 09:55 AM   #9

We have wintered in the Corpus Christi area for 10 years, after staying at some of the Corpus Christi parks we found Aransas Pass area loaded with RV parks. Smaller town but only about a 15 to 20 minute drive to Corpus.
The area has changed over the years my twin brother lives there we are from PA. Have not been there the past two winters because of my Acute Leukemia treatment and the covid. We did maye reservations for this winter for four months hope it pans out this winter. Just bought a new truck 2021 F350 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7 L power stroke sure hope we can make the almost 2000 mile drive December 1st.
Brucecav is offline   Reply With Quote